Hello From Nj

Guest TheGreytLife

Guest TheGreytLife

Hi all! I've been a lurker for awhile. I am unfortunately NOT the owner of a greyhound right now, but I thought I'd start posting here and learning all I can about this breed. I am looking into getting a grey in the next few years, at the max 3 years I guess. I SHOULD be moving to FL within that time to go to school down there, and I hear grey rescue is very big there. I am currently in New Jersey, living with my parents, which is the reason I can't get a greyhound right now, parents say no :( I practically live on the Greyhound Friends of NJ website lol.

But anyway, my name is Alyssa. I am 19 years old and I am a Biology major at a community college. I want to ultimately major in Zoology or Wildlife ecology. I have a 4 year old, psychotic yet lovable pug beagle mix named Mikey. As I've said before, I have been lurking awhile and love seeing pictures of all these dogs! Hope it's not weird that I'm joining GT without owning a Grey. Anyway, thanks for reading!

Edited by TheGreytLife

Hi! Not weird to be here without a hound (yet). smile.gif

If you're near Bergen County, you can come on the greyhound walk every Sunday morning (freak storms excepted rolleyes.gif) in Van Saun Park in Paramus. Lots of folks would be happy to talk to you & hounds would love to be petted. If you're not near Bergen County, I think there are other walks on the GFNJ site.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hi! Not weird to be here without a hound (yet). smile.gif

If you're near Bergen County, you can come on the greyhound walk every Sunday morning (freak storms excepted rolleyes.gif) in Van Saun Park in Paramus. Lots of folks would be happy to talk to you & hounds would love to be petted. If you're not near Bergen County, I think there are other walks on the GFNJ site.

woo hoo! I'm from Fair Lawn. I miss Paramus Park :weep

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest TheGreytLife

Thanks for the welcome guys! Seems there are a lot of Jersey people here :D I am in Central Jersey near Jackson, NJ which is near Six Flags. I actually worked there for the past 4 years. To be honest, I am not sure how close to Paramus I am but I would love to go to one of those walks. I will check it out. :) Also, thought I'd post a picture of Mikey:

310446_10150437571526756_584036755_10419117_1842193529_n.jpg

Hi Alyssa! I have a very dear friend from Jackson (not a Greytalker) who has three greyhounds. He said he'd be happy to introduce you to his three lovely little girls. Email me (phen209 @ gmail dot com) and I will give you his cell number so you can meet up.

Pam

PS-- You are NOWHERE near Paramus. :lol

ETA-- The GFNJ Craft Show is the weekend of the 19th in Westfield. It's probably at least an hour from you but you will get the chance to meet tons of greyhounds and us quirky greyhound peeps!

Edited by BertnLil

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest PreciousMom

Hi,

And welcome, from another Jersey girl. Check out Greyhoundfriendsnj.org. We have an adoption weekend coming up and many other events listed. You are welcome to come and see the greys.

Sue

Guest TheGreytLife

Thank you guys for the welcome! :) I don't feel like such an outcast anymore. :blush I will totally look into coming to some Greyhound events, I am very interested, and perhaps that'll sell my parents on adopting one. :lol

It says they're coming to Jackson for a Meet-and-Greet at a Pet Valu store. I shall totally look into going to that.

Edited by TheGreytLife

Guest GryffinSong

Hello and welcome to greytalk!!! :colgate

There's a greyhound holiday shop going on this weekend in Pennsauken, NJ, which looks to be about a half hour from you. There'll be lots of greyhounds and lots of friendly folks if you have time to come out. It's being held right next door to the Greyhound Angels Adoption kennel at 9120B Pennsauken Highway. It's saturday 11-4 and sunday 11-3.

Best of luck to you, and your dog is adorable! :wub:

Welcome from 'down south' in Maryland! :lol

Mikey is adorable!! I really like puggles!

I too am greyhoundless (for almost 7 years now) and they haven't thrown me off GT yet!!! :rolleyes::P

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge