Please Send Some Good Thoughts For Kelsis...

Guest suzanne

Oh, you found my weakness - black houndies! What a handsome guy! Will be sending all positive thoughts for a quick, routine dental.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'll keep your sweet girl in my thoughts. wub.gif

Oops - dopey me. So sorry. Kelsis is a very handsome boy. I must admit - I did think he is perhaps the largest girlie hound I have ever laid eyes on. And now I know - he's a dude!

I will keep your handsome boy, Kelsis, in my thoughts and prayers.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

hehe thanks everyone. He is quite a big boy alright. He's in the vet now and should be home in about 4/5 hours.....

Don't panic if he's not ready as early as you think. My vet saves "easy" ones for last. I didn't know that, had my two in for dentals at the same time, then called when the tech had said they'd be done. One was still coming out of anesthesia, one hadn't even been started. My nerves were so bad, I started bawling like a baby. Later, the tech apologized and said they do the ones they think might be trouble first thing. That means my guys are never first...which ought to make me feel better than it does.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest suzanne

Hi guys, thanks for all your good thoughts. My baby has been home for the past few hours. It's all over but he's miserable. The vet needed to do quite a few extractions, and he also had a tumour (not cancerous) on his gum which she removed so he has stitches in his mouth and is bleeding a fair bit. She said this is to be expected for the next few days and he's on strong painkillers. Poor thing is covered in blood and still very dopey. I hate seeing him like this and not being able to help but at least it's all done and over with. We've to go back in a week for a check up and she thinks he wont be quite himself for at least five days :( :(

Sending gentle scritchies to your handsome boy and hope he is back to himself soonest.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Aw, poor guy. Hope he's back to feeling better sooner than later! May want to call and leave a message at the Vet about the black poo.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, that poor boy. I pray he is o.k.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Definitely a good idea to contact your vet about this. But since you mentioned his mouth was still bleeding a bit when you brought him home yesterday, hopefully the black stool is just from him swallowing the blood from his mouth. And diarrhea for a day or two after anesthesia isn't too unusual.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Guest suzanne

Thanks everyone, I got in touch with the vet and she confirmed that he has ingested so much blood that that is what it is coming out! It hasn't happened again since and he is doing really well. Still not 100% but coming on far quicker than i expected :)

Glad to see this and hoping that your boy continues to feel better.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson