Baker Crossed The Rainbow Bridge:(

Guest asianpeanut

Guest asianpeanut

Thank you all for your beautiful and loving messages. Each and every one is a great comfort to me...thank you so much!

This site has been such a blessing...

Bless you all!!!

As the others have said, you are not alone. I think we all understand those feelings of guilt, emptiness, unbearable sadness. There are stages of grief that we all must go through, and just knowing that what you are experiencing is normal may help a little. Let yourself go through those stages, and grieve according to your own time frame. In time, when the pain is not so overpowering, you will realize that you are finding comfort in the memories of Baker that can never be taken away. It's clear that you loved him very much, and that his welfare was always foremost in your mind.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Baker.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry for your loss of Baker :grouphug .

Grief is terribly painful and there is no easy way to get through it, but remember that all the emotions you are feeling are part of the grieving process, and know that everything passes and changes: you will not always feel the way you do now.

Perhaps when you feel able, you'll find some comfort in thinking of ways to honour his memory, maybe with a scrapbook of favourite photos etc, or by looking for a beautiful photo frame for a special photo, or a plant or tree for the garden - whatever feels right to you.

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness but of power. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and of unspeakable love." -Washington Irving

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I hope that you will soon come to understand that your feelings of guilt are just leftover sheer determination that you used after he was diagnosed and your belief that you were doing all you could. You did everything you could and I am sure Baker knew that. Cancer is a monster that robs us of so much love. But cancer can't rob our heart of that love and it can't rob our minds of the beautiful memories. You came through for Baker when he needed you most and he is now pain free. Cry, grieve and then open your heart to the warmth of memories of how much he loved you, silly things he used to do and adventures you had together. Maybe someday you can honor him by doing it all over again with another hound who was meant to find a spot on your couch. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry that your beloved Baker is gone. NO GUILT!!! You gave him the greatest gift of all....the blessing of being able

to pass peacefully and pain-free in a spot he loved with the people he loved best. If only it could be that loving for us humans.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest Blitzkrieg

sorry to hear about Baker

ive lost 2 to osteo - it is truly awful

you did very well for him - your herbal course gave him some extra time and you where there for him when he needed you the most

godspeed Baker :gh_run

Guest dramaqueen

It'll be 5 yrs for my Kobi next month & we really do not get over it fully. I still remember the day so clearly but then I think of all the funny things he used to do & I just smile & remember him with great love. It's funny how we love these dogs & the effect they have in our lives. For me it opened my world to the greyhound & I will be forever grateful to my Kobi. I adopted my Ruby & I know that he's smiling down at me for rescuing & loving his sister. The pain goes away but the memories are forever. Run Free Baker

I'm so sorry for your loss. No matter how many times you go through it, it never gets any easier. Time is the only thing that helps unfortunately.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

{{{{{{{{{{Jennifer}}}}}}}}}}

Guilt is our mind's weasely way of trying to escape grief. Just that, no more. You did right by your boy.

I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, Baker.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending my sympathy :f_white

I know that guilt all too much. It's very hard to accept there are some things we just cannot fix..... I sometimes wonder if that is how I find the courage to adopt again & again, especially the seniors. Even if it's for awhile, I can make someone happy -- it's not about me, it's about them.

Think not of what you couldn't do, but what you did do (and what you can do in the future) -- shared a love, a forever bond. Think of the happiness and joy when you meet again :grouphug

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I'm so very sorry for your loss and grief. :(:grouphug You did the right things at the right times, and you'll realize that as time goes by. It's just a shame that these amazing creatures can't stay with us longer.

:f_red

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I am so very sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway