Anyone Know Where To Find Frosty Paws Near Detroit?

Guest duckbilled

Guest duckbilled

Ike the greyhound just got a dental and had two extractions (the first ones he has had - he is almost 9). He loves the Frosty Paws ice cream cups but we can not find anymore around us. We had one left which we gave him when he got home from the vet but I think we are going to need more. I know when I got my wisdom teeth out Wendy's frostys were awesome and I am sure he would like a few more Frosty Pays over the next few days.

Any ideas? The only website they have is on Facebook and it doesn't seem like they are answering posts.

http://www.facebook.com/FrostyPaws?sk=wall

What Sambuca said :thumbs-up Mine actually prefer homemade F.P. to store-bought. I sometimes add a tablespoon of honey to those same ingredients. :chow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest duckbilled

Thanks.

Our grocery store used to have them and they mysteriously disappeared. If you look on their FB site, A lot of people are asking the same question.

I'll check Meijer and Kroger.

Homemade is easy and great, but I know that our local grocery has them in the frozen section. It's usually in a random spot, but if they carry Bil-Jac or the like, it will likely be with that. For homemade, we've found the favorite to be pain yogurt mixed with mashed bananas and peanut butter. Pumpkin is great too!

If you have a Pick N Save or a Walmart check there. I've gotten Frosty paws from both places.

I have actually have the Frosty paw bites in my freezer right now. I use them as a treat for Angel who is on eye drops 4 to 6 times a day for a eye injury.

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

Guest duckbilled

Thanks. Found them at Meijer. I thought that there were hard to find but it looks like only my grocery store dropped them.

For some reason, he hates the bites. To give him pills, we usually bury them in a spoon full of peanut butter but as of late, he doesn't want peanut butter anymore. He must know we are up to something.

He is a funny eater - no vegetables, no fruit, no yogurt... To get him to eat his kibble, he needs a couple shakes a parmesan cheese. Even then, he may not eat it. Nonetheless, he is a pretty healthy boy (8 lbs over his track weight) so we figure that he just isn't hungry. The vet agrees.

Since he had the extractions, we have been feeding him canned dog food (the canned version of his kibble - Eukanuba adult large breed natural lamb and rice). HE LOVES IT! Even after he heals, I think we will continue to mix some of it in with his kibble.

I mix a large container of low fat vanilla yogurt, peanut butter and a can of pumpkin, put it in snack size baggies, down to the bottom like a popscicle and freeze, they peel off easily and are healthy.

I had been thinking that I should save some small yogurt containers to make these in, but I love the snack bag idea! Will get some goodies to make a batch today - thanks blush.gif

I mix a large container of low fat vanilla yogurt, peanut butter and a can of pumpkin, put it in snack size baggies, down to the bottom like a popscicle and freeze, they peel off easily and are healthy.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

There's actually a frosty paw shortly right now. They usually donate to our picnic but last week they emailed and said due to a shortly, they can't donate to the picnic this year.

It's cheaper to make your own

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I make my own too, but in ice cube trays. I mix up plain yogurt and some milk (freezes faster and more solid). Mine love those, i don't even have to flavor it! i imagine you could use a cupcake tray with cupcake liners too which may be easier to get them out of!

I tried your recipe and MyCody's packaging idea and when it hit 100 today I let the kids try them out. I think they were a hit lol.gif

Yogurt%25252C%252520banana%25252C%252520peanut%252520butter%252520pops%252520026.JPGYogurt%25252C%252520banana%25252C%252520peanut%252520butter%252520pops%252520036.JPG

Their dusty appearance is due to lavender baby powder -it's supposed to help repel ticks.

You can make your own. Blend up some yogurt, bananas and peanut butter, put in small containers and freeze them.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart