Kelly Had A Seizure

Guest ReleaseTheHound

Guest ReleaseTheHound

I was in the car with Kelly this morning, waiting for the vet to open to drop her off for a dental, when she had a seizure. She was clearly in pain, labored breathing, back arched so far she could barely stand, and uncontrolled bowels. The vet watched her through the day and she improved, so much that they conducted the dental. But when I came to pick her up at the end of the day, she had regressed and was barely able to lift her head.

Prior to the dental she had several blood tests, Xray, and ultrasound, all of which were normal.

So I took her straight to the emergency vet (my regular vet does not have overnight staff) and now I am waiting to find out if they can do anything for her. Her heart rate is good so, there is that at least.

Prayers please. Updates will follow.

Poor baby. Thinking of you both.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Sending lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ReleaseTheHound

Thanks everyone.

Update: The ER vet was cautiously optimistic. She'll be watching Kelly all night and maybe learn more than we know right now. I will call her for an update in a couple of hours, and again in the morning.

I'm home now and Thorulf is here with me, aware of my tension and seeking to comfort me, but unaware of Kelly's situation. I envy him.

Edit: Kelly's ear had just finished healing from the yellow-lab incident.

Edited by ReleaseTheHound

Guest ReleaseTheHound

Update: The emergency vet reports that Kelly is more alert -- not fully alert, but better than before. She is still panting heavily, so they're going to give her oxygen. Depending how much sleep I get tonight (strained back, unrelated to Kelly's situation) I may call them again, but will definitely post an update in the morning if not before. Thanks again for your support.

Don, updates sound very hopeful. Sending prayers and hugs for Kelly and a good night's sleep for you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest ReleaseTheHound

Update: vet just called. Kelly vomited and urinated a lot of blood. So she is going downhill again and something is very wrong, but at least it gives the doctor some context when she runs more tests.

Sending more prayers......... :candle:hope :hope :grouphug :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest ReleaseTheHound

It's over. Kelly has passed away. Bloodwork indicates kidney failure, and her symptoms suggest other organs may also have failed. This is very strange for someone whose lab results were all favorable only a few days ago. Since we're not sure of the cause, I asked that she be cremated.

Tomorrow I will have Thorulf re-tested. I need to make sure that, if Kelly somehow got into hazardous material (I have searched the house and found nothing like that), he is not also in danger.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. She came to us at age 3, had a greyt 8 1/2 years of getting her way most of the time, and definitely made our lives better. When I feel up to it I might write more in Remembrance, but for now here's a picture from 2004:

http://www.willadsenfamily.org/hounds/yard/kelly-mulch-resting.JPG

What a horrible shock. I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, no. I was hoping that initial reports were a sign that she was improving! I am so sorry. :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am so very sorry for your loss of Kelly. It is shocking how one day they are fine and another they are gone. I am sure you are heartbroken.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so so sorry, how devastating this must be for everyone who knew and loved her.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross