Wabi Has A Mouth ... Tumor?

Xan

Daisy has had a benign polyp like that. It's called an epulus (sp?). If it's one of those, I'm not sure you even have to remove it. I think they can even go away by themselves, IIRC.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fasave

My Avalanche had something similar removed from the roof of his mouth. I was a benign epulis. It involved the root of the tooth so he lost two teeth as well and got a nice dental in the process. Crossing fingers that it's something similar for Wabi.

I wonder if this the same thing that rascalsmom's dog had. I'll point her in the direction of this thread. I hope it's nothing serious.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest greytkidsmom

My heart sank when I saw your picture. Wabi was always in our thoughts as Kebo went through his "facelift."

This is what Kebo's lesion looked like.

p705573257-2.jpg

We are hoping and praying for her.

If it does turn out to be fibrosarcoma, make sure you have a confident and aggressive surgeon who can make sure to get clean margins the first time.

If I can answer any questions about our recent experiences with Kebo, please don't hesitate to email or PM me.

Precious Wabi the Wonderpup! Keeping Wabi in our prayers and hearts while we wait with you, worry with you and keep the faith with youhearts-6.gif

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

My heart sank when I saw your picture. Wabi was always in our thoughts as Kebo went through his "facelift."

This is what Kebo's lesion looked like.

p705573257-2.jpg

We are hoping and praying for her.

If it does turn out to be fibrosarcoma, make sure you have a confident and aggressive surgeon who can make sure to get clean margins the first time.

If I can answer any questions about our recent experiences with Kebo, please don't hesitate to email or PM me.

I looked at your threads about Kebo before I posted, greytkidsmom. I hope Kebo is still doing well! He does look a bit like Wabi now, doesn't he? <3 I've taken your story to heart, and have discussed the ramifications with DH. Thanks for your offer! I appreciate it a lot. :bighug

Could it be a salivary mucocele? Ruby had one, but hers was more on the side of her mouth. Looked similar to that, though.

Had to go look that up, but it seems to be in the wrong place, and the wrong texture for that, Of course, what do I know? :P I'm writing all this down to mention to the vet, anyway. Is Ruby alright now? Did they take the whole gland out?

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Xan, in Ruby's case, the vet tried to drain it. That didn't work. :( A few days later, my DH gave Ruby a hard biscuit, and later that night, we noticed it draining....lots of thick, ropey pinkish gunk. :lol It was really icky, but it seemed to do the trick, and she hasn't had any further trouble. We think she may have 'bit' it open while eating the Milk Bone.

I hope Wabi's 'thing' turns out to be handled as easily as Ruby's was....and as benignly.

Edited by rascalsmom

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

You'll both be in my thoughts, with hopes that it is entirely benign. Like tbhounds, I also wonder if a punch biopsy might be an option? Poor Wabi -- but glad to know she's in good spirits. Hoping the vet gets you in soonest!

Keeping up the "B-9" chant for everyone's favorite dandelion girl.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest greytkidsmom

I looked at your threads about Kebo before I posted, greytkidsmom. I hope Kebo is still doing well! He does look a bit like Wabi now, doesn't he? <3 I've taken your story to heart, and have discussed the ramifications with DH. Thanks for your offer! I appreciate it a lot. :bighug

Kebo is still his melancholy self, eating normal kibble, and enjoying a greenie now and then. He was even spotted cockroaching the other day. More hugs to Wabi from our house.

I saw the Kebo-roaching thread! That's so cool. :wub:

I was cringing for you all, reading how much he hates car travel, and assuming he likes it all even less now. I've got my fingers crossed that you'll never see any of that Thing again. Give him a little hug for me, eh?

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Awh. :(

My sisters Sheltie had a tumor in his mouth and they ended up cutting off the bottom portion of his jaw where the cancer tumor was. He obviously had to adjust with an obviously shorter bottom jaw, but if I remember correctly he lived another 2 years because they caught it before it could spread. Prayers all around!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Guest gurehaundo

Gah! I'm just now seeing this! Definitely keep us posted on what happens at Wabi's appointment. I'm hoping it is nothing serious.. :goodluck

Daisy has had a benign polyp like that. It's called an epulus (sp?). If it's one of those, I'm not sure you even have to remove it. I think they can even go away by themselves, IIRC.

They are typically benign. Google epulis in dogs + images and you'll see lots of pictures. A friend here just told me last week that her greyhound had one come up rather suddenly and it scared her to death. It's benign, thank goodness. The vet is recommending surgery to remove it because of the size.

Sending good thoughts to you and Wabi.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

It COULD be an epulis. That would be my personal preference. If such a thing has any weight with the universe. And is retroactive, as necessary. :P

It's continuing to get visibly bigger. I'm noticing today more growth on the inside. Luckily for her, her mouth is so deformed that her upper teeth are nowhere near interfering with it (yet!), and she really isn't bothered still.

Thank you all so much for all the comforting options and supportive presences, good thoughts, chants, candles and prayers! We'll take 'em all! :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest vahoundlover

Xan, I'm with you. I'd rather get all over and done with than in two procedures. Will keep your sweet girlie in my prayers.

Our Pumpa had a similiar looking growth. It fortunately turned out to be a benign epulus and was easily removed and followed by a dental while they had him under. I believe he was 11 or maybe 12 at the time. Paws all crossed here that Wabi's is as simple as Pumba's was.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest greytkidsmom

Kebo says thanks for the hug (he loves to lean).

Continuing our prayers for something benign and easy to treat.