Frank Fell Last Night

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

Right after we went up to bed, Frank decided he was going to come up, too (either that or he wanted to go out, either way, he was at the front door.) He apparently slipped on the tile; and he whacked his poor noggin up against the wall. Gene ran downstairs to get him; both girls were standing over him. He didn't want to get up; I grabbed a towel and we slinged him and walked him back to his bed in the living room. I checked him over; nothing broken, he had a little scrape over his eye where his head hit the wall. He was pretty shaken up; but got up and walked to the kitchen for a treat a few minutes later. He's better today; I had to go to work and Gene had to help one of my co-workers move but he was up and waiting at the door when I got home (I left early to come home and check on him.)

So I have placed runners all through the kitchen and entryway for him; and I am keeping a close eye on him this weekend. My poor old man... He's almost twelve; I think it's time for a vet visit to get his rear end checked over. :(

Aw, please be well, Frankie!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Maybe have the vet check his eyesight, too. Frank might have mis-stepped. Can you leave him a nightlight?

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I hope Frank continues to feel better today. I know what you mean; Max has had a couple of slips; we now how rubber backed rugs everywhere...at 13, I worry about him so much. Hugs to Frank; they forget quicker than we do...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Maybe have the vet check his eyesight, too. Frank might have mis-stepped. Can you leave him a nightlight?

We've had to do this for our most senior boy, and it helps a lot. Costco has recently had a pack of two battery-powered LED light thingies that can be either mounted on the wall with screws or just placed at the end of stairs to shine up at the wall. We do it the latter way. It was only $10 for the pack. Hugs to you and Frank!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sunday update;

Our boy is doing a lot better today. The rugs are helping; and I always have a nightlight on :rolleyes: several of them thru the house, because I am half-blind at night! Frank is up a lot more doing his usual begging for food and he looks a lot brighter and happier. Thanks for your well-wishes and prayers, they're working. I only work a 2 hour shift on Sundays so I get to spend most of my day with everybody.

We've had to do this for our most senior boy, and it helps a lot. Costco has recently had a pack of two battery-powered LED light thingies that can be either mounted on the wall with screws or just placed at the end of stairs to shine up at the wall. We do it the latter way. It was only $10 for the pack. Hugs to you and Frank!

For better vision outside at night, you can look into the headlamps that runners/joggers wear. Let your boy wear one hanging around his neck. The results are better than if you try to shine a flashlight for him since there will be fewer shadows.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Greyt news Frank is feeling better! Seniors do have some special requirements but they sure give back ten-fold.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

It's hard to watch them age. Glad to see he's doing better.

Yes it is.....with all that beauty and wisdom that comes with a senior hound...are also all the worry and struggles. Well-wishes from our home to Frank.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.