Something Is Wrong With Turbo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just catching up with this, and sending love and healthy thoughts Turbo's way! :kiss2

Also, reading this has added to my internal library of symptoms with possible diagnoses. Thanks, but sorry you and Turbo are a case study. :(

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Well wishes for Turbo!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Glad he seems to be better, hope you figure out the right combo of food and drugs so he doesn't have any more episodes.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest mcsheltie

I haven't been on for quite a while. Just read thru this. Did your vet run blood work to check levels of the pancreatic enzymes? Pancreatitis is very dangerous. I would want know the status of his pancreatic function. If a dog is on the edge of a full blow attack they can seem fine and then they aren't.

As far as the question of being able to go back to a previous diet, if it is acute pancreatitis you **may** be able to. If it is chronic you can not and need to be very particular about diet.

Glad that Turbo is more comfortable :) It was so nerve-wracking for me to see Ace looking uncomfortable and not being able to do much to give her immediate relief...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Hope everything is back to normal for the Turdbo soon!

More :bighugs...since I am as helpful as Christie!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest Mom2Shiloh

My Bravo wasn't able to have his dental about 3 weeks back because his Lipase reading was Extremely high... complete surprise to me. My holistic vet reviewed the results and thinks he probably does have chronic pancreatitis (I didn't realize that he could seem perfectly healthy except for the tendency to get gingivitis easily and still be kind of a walking time bomb :( ). She recommended putting him on good anti-oxidant complex and a good probiotic complex to reduce inflammation and make his whole system healthier and less likely to ever get acute pancreatitis. I've started him on Acetylator and Cell Advance, both made by Vetri-Science and available on Amazon.com. He gets those (open the capsules and mix in, with every meal -- will have his blood work rechecked in a couple months. I do keep their protein down to 22-24, after years of experience with my little GSD Joanna, who had low pancreatic enzymes and a bunch of other problems caused by her "accidental" inbred parentage.

This past year has been a real wake up call for me with regard to pancreatitis in humans and greyhounds and how serious it is.

I've started him on Acetylator and Cell Advance, both made by Vetri-Science and available on Amazon.com.

Acetylator has been a blessing to several of my dogs when they were not feeling well. It's good stuff & though costly it is more than just a probiotic. Has been worth the cost for use. Cell Advance is a pretty decent antioxidant. We've used it before as well. Both are good things to consider giving. Only catch is that the antioxidants sometimes upset some dogs GI tracts. Not saying all or even most but some.