My Big Vinny Has Lymphoma

Guest FrostyBottoms

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending all our sympathy for the loss of your big, strong, brave, sweet, handsome Vinny. :grouphug

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest FrostyBottoms

Thank you for all of your kind words and memories of Vinny, each post made me cry or smile.

It's been a day full of tears, and now I am ready for some good memories of my big handsome boy.

DSCN9620.jpg

Vinny getting into trouble....as usual.

I'm sure when this happened I scolded him with a kiss, like I always did...I couldn't get mad at him.

It was so funny...he had mud all in his gums...

Do you still have the pics of Vinny and the tomatoes?

Didn't he have a run-in with the roomba, as well?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Is it posible to laugh & cry at the same time, Jey?

I will look for both of those!

Well, this was the remote control car, I can't find the roomba one yet....he had similar feelings about both the car & roomba.

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb184/FrostyBottoms/?action=view&current=DSCN6078.mp4

Vinny using our garden as a salad bar.

DSCN5354.jpg

That was exactly the tomato picture I had in my mind's eye! And the car :rofl :rofl .

Yes, it is possible to laugh and cry at the same time. He was the sweetest character, and your family gave him the best life. A dog could not have dreamed of better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SoulsMom

I remember when Medea and I showed up for Easter and she had dreamt the night before about getting a pony. She took one look at Vinny and said "it's the pony from my dream!" I loved laying on the floor and cuddling with him :heart

Guest FrostyBottoms

Thank you Jey!

Amber...I remember that, that was so funny!!! Vinny was a small pony :)

Guest greyhoundgirl1

I'm so sorry about Vinny. I am currently going though Lymphoma chemo treatments with my boy, Zevon. I have him enrolled in Dr. Couto's studies on Greyhound cancers and have been sending him Zevon's blood results. Although I know Zevon's survival rate is not long, I hope that his blood will maybe some day lead to a cure so that no other greys like your beloved Vinny and my beloved Zevon, will ever have to deal with this insideous disease. My heart-felt sympathy to you. :f_white

I am very Sorry, I don't know how I missed this post. :grouphug I remember all the funny post you have posted about Vinny over the years. :lol You gave him a Great life and know you will see him again one day!!!!! :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Vinny! :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Big Vinny...my bud. You remind me so much of my House. I am so, so sorry....I don't even know what to say. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that handsome man in now chasing remote cars and resting in the middle of a huge tomato patch. :grouphug to you.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Big V and his little round black friend! Unforgettable :lol :lol :wub: :wub: :wub: .

Thank you for digging that up. I know it must be hard to look at some of those right now.

Vinny, good boy, keep The Bridge safe from stray tomatoes and roombas, OK?

:wub: It was funny when you first posted it, and it's still funny now. I love how at one point it almost seems as if the Roomba is following him everywhere :lol

He will surely be missed, but what an awesome boy. He was very lucky to have such a fun family :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:cry1 So sorry to hear about your Vinny. I lost my Fritz to Lymphoma. Know that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.:grouphug :grouphug

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Vinny was such a special boy, my heart breaks reading this thread. Love the pics and videos of him.

I know Frosty must have loved her steak last night and I hope you are all hanging in there.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

How is Frosty doing, Jeannie? I hope she enjoyed her steak and is getting by without her good buddy.

That video is priceless-you can almost see the exasperation in his face. I hope in time your wonderful memories of Vinny will bring peace and comfort to your heart. How is Frosty today?

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest FrostyBottoms

Well, this morning dh got up and decided he was going to take down Vinny's cage, we have the cages in the spare bedroom....so he went to pick up Vinny's blankets and they were soaked with urine. Not sure what Frosty was trying to say with that, but the last time she peed in the house was when my SIL was nursing her baby on the bed in Frosty & Vinny's room...Frosty soaked the bed...we had to throw it out. So, any behaviorists out there????

Today my parents took us fishing at a trout farm, we took Frosty with us, she was with us when Vinny passed, and she is pretty much better than the rest of us...I guess she understands nature better than we do. She has been staying by us more...I think she knows how much we are hurting, usually she spends a lot of time upstairs on my bed or in her cage lounging. Here are some pics of Frosty fishing...

DSCN9084.jpg

DSCN9085.jpg

DSCN9092.jpg

Gosh...I have to put a halo over Vinny's head now :(