6 Banannas At Once... What Happens Next?

Guest quinoa

Guest quinoa

Rocket ate a bunch of banannas this evening - just the insides, while somehow avoidig the peels. (my husband saw the devastation, i did not) Any ideas what to expect tomorrow?

My guess either nothing or a whole lot of big D. I know banana's can be binding for some people, don't know if it works the same way for dogs though.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Jeez...mine won't touch fruit to save their lives!

I don't think you'd have any big issues, but that's a guess. You may have discovered a healthy treat inthe process (in moderation, of course!). Now sure what a canine's potassium needs are?!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest Sunset123

Gas.

The one and only time that I let Arrisa have a whole banana I had to aim a fan at her bed while we slept so I wouldn't suffocate in my bedroom.

Guest Stripeyfan

Kelly has IBD and can eat a whole banana without any ill effects... not sure about a whole bunch though! I expect Rocket'll be ok though.

I'm on a vegan dog yahoo group where at least one owner feeds his dogs *primarily* on bananas! I'm not advocating that (at all), just sayin' it probably won't hurt yours. Good luck to you both!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Good luck!!! :lol I am amazed that Rocket was able to peel them....hmph...and they say that we are superior because of our opposable thumbs.....Apparently, the hounds have adapted.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Rocket ate a bunch of banannas this evening - just the insides, while somehow avoidig the peels. (my husband saw the devastation, i did not) Any ideas what to expect tomorrow?

within a few weeks of bringing win home he ate a whole bunch of banannas, peels and all - left the stems :) i phoned the vet frantic who laughed and said he would have gas, maybe big d and the peels may come out in-tact (ewww) but nothing - nope - nada - gas was about as bad as usual, no d and didn't see a thing - it's probably been 5 years ago, so i'm saying you're just fine.

Guest sheila

I would imagine the worst that will happen might be some tummy upset and poop issues.

Also a bit off topic but I knew a guy whose dog ate a banana peel out of the garbage. The next day the dog pooped the whole intact peel. I couldn't resist asking him, 'When your dog 'peels out' like that, does it leave skid marks?'