Face Looking A Little Better

So the first pic was taken at the height of Pop's flare up (he was diagnosed with Lupus like disease)

popface3-17-11.jpg

And then after just over a week on antibiotics & niacinamide he face looks like this:

popface3-31-11.jpg

He was being a ham in this pic...guess he figured if he had to let me take pics then I had to pet him

popfacea3-31-11.jpg

I love my goofball who has been roaching a lot lately

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

He is feeling better...but I have to keep him muzzled when I can't watch him or he'll lick his paws raw...so they're still sore, but not like they were. He's walking better, but I've notice his balance seems off and I'm not sure why. He goes back for a follow up on April 25th...I'll take more pics this Wednesday night as it'll be 2 weeks after starting the meds.

Good to see he is on the road to healing! That's quite a contrast!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Glad to hear that there's been some improvement! His poor little nose :(

When Pinky's nose gets icky, I slather a bunch of Vaseline on it or I use the Burt's Bees Baby Bee cream.

Re: his balance: could he have some lesions inside of his ears? That could certainly affect his balance. Or maybe he's just not feeling too great. I know when I have a big lupus flare, I feel very weak and unsteady.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Check all his pads to see if there are corns starting on any of them. That could impact his walking--especially if you see him having more trouble on concrete/hardwood/tile than he has on carpet/grass.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest KennelMom

Poor bubby! Champ used to get like that, only it affected his mouth too :( For him, it was an auto-immune condition related to tick disease and he had to stay on a low dose of doxy the restof his life.

Hope Pop feels better soon!

Pop! :kiss2

That doesn't look as red and angry as it used to. Hopefully he is on the road to recovery/remission now.

Keep getting better, sweetie.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'll check for corns, but he does have an ear infection that is almost cleared up...so that could be causing him to have balance issues. He's a good boy about getting his ear cleaned out & the drops put in, pills shoved down his throat and his paws stuck in bowls...all just so he can eat dinner.