If This Doesn't Kill Him, I Will.

I went out this evening and when I came home I found that Bu got into a bunch of things while I was out. Normally he is very good so I don't tend to worry unless there is food out. He's a free feeder and had run out of food and I think he just got hungry because it was a long day. Whatever the reason, he ripped up the box of puppy dose frontline I got for my little dog. I found the box, but not the actual frontline. I freaked out and searched for a few minutes then called my vet at home (he's a family friend and an awesome guy). Thankfully, because it was a puppy dose, my vet said he should be ok. I really don't know if he ate it. I'll probably find it in a couple days. What I don't understand is that there was also a heartgaurd in there and he didn't touch it. Why would he eat a nasty smelling chemical and not the pill that smells and tastes like a treat that was packaged with it? Due to that, I really don't think he ate it, but I'm still a bit freaked. He will now be muzzled when left alone. He has crate anxiety or I would crate him.

Oh Bu!!!!!! Naughty!!!! Hope this turns out to be scare and nothing more. How great to have your vet so handy!!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Very naughty. Thank you. I hope so too. My vet is awesome! His son actually answered the phone and I recognized his voice so I said "Hi Steve, it's Karen" and he goes "Hey how are you?" I said "not good, how are you?" he goes "good thanks, I guess you want my dad". I've had this vets home phone number for almost 20 years and it's only the 3rd time I've used it I think. I'm also a pet sitter. I try to use it VERY sparingly to not abuse the privilege. I also spend a ton of money at the vet so that helps too. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he didn't eat it.

There would be nothing appealing about it. Since you cannot find even the empty vial or packaging, it's probably under the couch, etc. The things that disappear at my place amaze me. It's the cat though, not the dog.

Once I found a large avocado in the middle of the dog's bed. Since the dog was in my bedroom all night, I know it wasn't him. The cat weighs about 7 pounds. Their were fang marks in the avocado too! Hilarious.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Bu seems to be doing well today, although we've barely made of bed yet. I honestly don't think he ate it, but I unless I find that damn thing, I won't know for sure. Yes, that vet connection is awesome. He's just a really nice guy. I know he's a little pricier than other vets in the area, but its just worth it for me (it helps that they give me the frequent flyer discount lol).

There would be nothing appealing about it. Since you cannot find even the empty vial or packaging, it's probably under the couch, etc. The things that disappear at my place amaze me. It's the cat though, not the dog.

Once I found a large avocado in the middle of the dog's bed. Since the dog was in my bedroom all night, I know it wasn't him. The cat weighs about 7 pounds. Their were fang marks in the avocado too! Hilarious.

With all the posts on GT about people saying the cat did it, this just cracked me up. I can picture George in the background, snickering and saying to himself "Hee hee, she really thinks the cat did it." :lol:lol

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Greta once ate 12 heartguard tablets. I called Merial and found out that the "fatal dose" starts at about 500 tabs for dogs under 25 lbs or so.

If you don't find it you can always call Merial to see if there are any potential problms with ingesting frontline.

Guest SoulsMom

With all the posts on GT about people saying the cat did it, this just cracked me up. I can picture George in the background, snickering and saying to himself "Hee hee, she really thinks the cat did it." :lol:lol

:rofl:rofl:rofl