Somthing Is Wrong With Marley

Guest greysonly

He could be in the early stages of bloat or have a gastro- intestinal thing going on. To me the concern is bloat and I would get that ruled out asap, as it can become fatal in a relatively short time. He may also have an intestinal twist or impaction, especially with the vomiting. To me, this warrants immediate vet care.

Edited by Pepsi2004
pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

This is what Bold Energy had. He was "bowing" and pacing, and panting. He also vomited. He died from this :-( ...

Intussusception is the telescoping of one portion of the intestine into another. It is one of the causes of intestinal obstruction ...

Hoping for something simple for your baby!

Guest greysonly

I took Marley to the e-vet today. They took x-rays, blood panels, pancreatitis (sp) test. All the tests came back ok. But the x-rays showed he had something in his belly with the consistency of bone matter the vet said. I got to thinking and the snow melted this weekend and we have a choke cherry tree in our back yard. The other day he was under it but I didn't think anything of it because that is usually were he goes potty. But after seeing the x-rays I am pretty sure that is what is in his belly and causing him discomfort. The vet agreed.

The vet said to watch him and let him know if he gets worse. What a great vet he said to call him any time and if I had to bring him in again tonight he wouldn't charge me again.

I never had a problem with him eating those I guess he gets a muzzle from now on. I fed him a half can of ID food the vet gave me for dinner and he ate that up and fingers crossed has kept it down.

He is sleeping on his bed now. I am just a worry wort when it comes to my babies. My angel Jazz got sick the same time last year so I am a little more of a worry wort than usual :(

Warm thoughts for Marley..hope he is feeling better.

Completely understand being a worry wort.....one night Pixie was very lethargic which is completely out of the norm. Belly was a little gurgly and firm so I knew I would never get to sleep worrying about her so off to the evet we went. They thought I was nuts I am sure but I said just do an xray and humor me. They did...nothing showed up and I went home and got some sleep! :lol

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

How is he doing this morning? I'm glad you had him seen and found the likely problem.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greysonly

He is back at the vet this morning. He slept good till about 3 am then he was uncomfortable again. The vet said he took some more x-rays and whatever it is in his belly seems to be moving into his intestine which is good. I hope he passes it today so they don't have to open him up.:unsure

The vet said he has a lot of gas and he gave him some stuff to help that. My poor babie :(

Everyone loves him there tho. All the ladies in the office swoon over him because he is a total ladies man :P So I know he is getting lots of lovings :)

Warm thoughts for Marley..hope he is feeling better.

Completely understand being a worry wort.....one night Pixie was very lethargic which is completely out of the norm. Belly was a little gurgly and firm so I knew I would never get to sleep worrying about her so off to the evet we went. They thought I was nuts I am sure but I said just do an xray and humor me. They did...nothing showed up and I went home and got some sleep! :lol

That's funny Donna. They can't tell you what is wrong so you totally have to worry about them.

Fingers crossed everything passes!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You could ask your vet about this: I had a westie that ate rocks. She had an obstruction and had to have surgery and had 10" of intestine removed when she was only 6 months old.. Whenever she would do the bowing and acting uncomfortable after that experience, before I would take her for x-rays, the vet said to give her cat hairball remedy every 1/2 hour. She only weighed 10 pounds, so I gave her a tablespoon every half hour. The vet told me that the hair ball medicine helps coat the intestines and anything in there will slide thru easier. The hairball remedy gave her diarrhea, but better than more surgery.

Connie

Many wishes that all passes through Marley without further incident!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Lakota

Ok Marley, it's time you passed this and stopped worrying your momma.

:goodluck our fingers, toes and everything else is crossed for a surgery free outcome.

Guest greysonly

My Marley is home now. He still hasn't passed it yet. But the vet took the last x-ray at noon today and it was moving right along. He was confident it will pass thru. I wish he would just poo already :(. He is in less pain tho so that is good.

He said when he does go to poke it with a stick and do some CSI work to see what the hell it is :P

Guest dobiegrey

My Doberman is a PICA dog and eats all kinds of inappropriate things, last time he was sick they could see nothing on the X-rays except food in his tummy from the night before but after a couple more days he passed a SOCK tangled with leaves and chewed up sticks (found this out with my own CSI investigation!) we have to watch him like a hawk all the time and he is 7, almost 8 years old so I don't think he will ever out grow it, I certainly know the worry you are experiencing!! Good Luck Marley and quit scaring your momma! God knew I needed Betty my Grey, she is soooooo good and never chews up anything, except maybe sometimes a piece of paper!