Lola!

Guest dfriedri

Guest dfriedri

Hello everyone! I want to introduce all of you to my new grey baby Lola! After Star passed away I had been in contact with the local humane society that brings in greyhounds pretty frequently. She asked me if I would want to foster a girl for about a week or so. She was supposed to transfer to Chicago to a waiting family. I agreed because frankly part of what I missed about Star was simply her presence in my apartment. I wanted a dog there again. Anyway, the family called the humane society back and they said that if she ends up finding a good home here than there is no need to transfer her to Chicago. It will be easier on her to keep her here. So Lola is with me on a foster basis but I will be finalizing her adoption later this week.

She is only my second grey and I can't believe how different from Star she is. Lola is smaller and so cuddly. She has been with me since Saturday morning and she is my shadow. She clings to me in bed and all around the apartment. I can't seem to get away! (Not that I try too hard!)

She is a pig when it comes to food and treats and also likes chew toys. All these things are so different from my sweet, dainty, and proper Star.

I'm excited to get to know Lola better and love her for all her unique qualities! I only went 5 days without a dog in the house and I realized I just need a dog in my life!!!

Enjoy these pictures of Lola! She is such a pretty girl and they are both on the bed because ever since I invited her up on it I have hardly gotten her down. Oh well!

Lola1.jpg

Lola2.jpg

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry you lost Star, but ecstatic you found Lola. I love the hearhealer hounds, they are always so special and come when we need them most. :bighug

Lola is stunning. :beatheart

:confetti Lola is adorable. Congratulations and many happy years with her.

Sorry about Star but you are honoring her by adopting another greyhound and giving her a very obvious, loving home. :yay:confetti

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest kelli123

My heart breaks for you, SO Sorry for your loss of Star.

Lola Is absolutely Gorgeous. What a great Christmas Present for you To be able to be Lola's Forever Mom congratulations. I love her name and the pictures are great.

Merry Christmas to the both of you :xmas:xmas

Dani- when you texted me about Lola, I actually cried. Happy tears of course. I am THRILLED for the both of you. She could not have wound up in a better home. Wishing you many happy and healthy years together.

xoxoxoxoxox

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So sorry that you lost Star. I am sure it will take a while to heal but Lola is there to help you. Congratulations on her adoption! She is lovely!

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• 5 weeks later...