If You Could Send A Good Thought For Momma

Guest RiverCityGang

Guest greyt2love

Momma Sophia and Quinn had routine check-ups this morning. Momma Sophia turned 12 a month ago, and since losing Rex in June ( he was 12 1/2), I am very paranoid about every little thing with her. She has arthritis and it comes and goes. She has a wobbly back end(If I had popped out 47 babies, I'd be wobbly too!:P ) I am studying canine massage, and she is a willing subject, so I had carefully felt for lumps and bumps, but didn't feel anything.

This past week , she has taken to really favoring her back right leg, not wanting to put weight on it. So of course, my mind goes : Excellent racer (wear & tear on the bones), brood momma several times over(more wear & tear on the bones, plus very late spay), 12 years old, limp in back leg, greyhound......well, you know where my mind was going.:(

I bring all this up this morning, the vet watches her struggling to lie down and get up, does the exam, and, .....my Momma girl has a corn!!! I had looked, but didn't really know what I was looking for.:blush Explains the limp and not wanting to step down on that foot!

So, Momma stayed at the vet, they are going to cull the corn, and while she is under anethesia for that, do x-rays to check her out. These vets deal with all my greys, and most of the others in the area, so they understand their differences. I'm not extremely worried about her, but I am SOME worried, cause after all, she's 12!

So , it you could just send some good thoughts for her, I sure would appreciate it! Thanks!:)

And the Lady Quinn, who has not been here quite a year yet, checked out just fine ! She turned 10 last month, and she is a sturdy, stocky , healthy girl! Thank goodness for that!

Edited by greyt2love

Sending tons of good thoughts to Momma Sophia that she'll feel much better when that corn's removed and that the x-rays are unremarkable. I'm with you...If I'd had 47 babies, I'd be wobbly myself!

:clover :clover

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Good luck Momma Sophia! Deb- why are they putting her under to hull the corn - can be easily done without anesthesia.

Corn removal

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest greyt2love

Good luck Momma Sophia! Deb- why are they putting her under to hull the corn - can be easily done without anesthesia.

Corn removal

Deb, she told me they have only ever had one greyhound before with corns and I have never had one with corns before this, so I don't know. What I think, though, is because they want to x-ray her legs, and abdomen, they are just doing the corn at the same time, although that's not how she said it. She gets really nervous at the vet, and shakes, so I'm not sure how clear the x-rays would be if she wasn't under. She did say it would be a light anethesia.

Deb, I just read the article. Maybe it's because Momma doesn't want anyone holding her foot and touching the corn? The vet had a hard time showing me what the corn was because Momma kept pulling her foot away every time she would touch it. Momma did the same thing for me when I was checking her pads and toes to see if there was a cut or anything embedded in her foot.

Edited by greyt2love

Hey Deb - just sent you a PM regarding hulling-hope you get to read before your vet starts

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest greyt2love

Momma Sophia is home and doing well! She doesn't seem to be even a little groggy from the anethesia. The corn is out, no sutures or bleeding, and she is already walking on it better than she was this morning. The x-rays all came back good. Nothing showing up on her bones. She does have arthritis in her right rear hock, which I knew. That is the same leg she had the corn on her foot, so no wonder she didn't want to walk on that leg! Poor sweetie!

I also had them do x-rays of her stomach area because she seemed bloated and I wanted to be sure there was nothing going on there. She is good! No lumps, bumps, or tumors! Vet thinks the panting because of the foot discomfort just put some extra air in her tummy.

Thanks to everyone who sent her good thoughts !

Awesome news!! I am so relieved for you and Momma Sophia!!! :kiss2

:couchjump

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest greyt2love

Just a quick update on Momma Sophia...She slept in late this morning, walked downstairs and out in the yard...very little limp! Ate her breakfast and is sleeping again. Seniors rock! Broodies rule!!!:colgate

I'd love to share a picture, but I can't make the Bucket work any more ! Duh!!!

She is precious!! :beatheart