Darcy Is In The Vet Referral Hospital

Bevd

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for Darcy! Hope she continues to do well & snooze!

Any updates now that it's September?!?!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest DoofBert

Terrific news... and we have a new song.....

Whatever Darcy wants

Darcy gets

And greytalk, little Darcy wants you

Make up your mind to have no regrets

Recline yourself, resign yourself, you're through

Darcy always gets what She aims for

And your heart'n soul is what she came for

Whatever Darcy wants

Darcy gets,

Take off your coat

Don't you know you can't win?

You're no exception to the rule,

She's irresistible, you fool, give in!...Give in!...Give in!'

I'm so sorry I missed this until now!!! :o

so glad to hear she's back home and doing well! :yay :yay :yay

sending her a big smoochie! :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Tenderhearts

Well now that I completely did the Evelyn Wood speed reading course through all nine pages of this thread, may I add my prayers and wishes that the lovely and most unique Darcy continues to do well! :)

My vet told me when I was working for him that the heart is one of the most amazing organs for compensating, and he was right. You might recall that Raven was diagnosed with advanced heart failure at age 12 when I took her in for the last time, and immediately started on furosemide and generic enacard. The vet said we might have 1 good year with her on the meds.

My sweet little old lady crossed over the bridge at age 16 1/2, 4 1/2 years after she was given a year. She did have the last laugh, as did many of my dogs. Biscuit had heart damage from the heavy heartworm infestation at age 4, and was predicted to have a shorter life span because of that. She passed this March at age 15.

My brother also has dilated cardiomyopathy, which was diagnosed after it was learned he had a 'silent' heart attack at age 40. He's done very well on medication, and that was 6 years ago he was diagnosed.

Sending hugs to you from across the pond, and lots of kisses for Darcy!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug <------------for you

:kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2<-----------for Darcy

Glad to hear Darcy continues to do well. When is her cardiologist appointment, so we can all be waiting on pins and needles to hear what he says??? :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Terrific news... and we have a new song.....

Whatever Darcy wants

Darcy gets

And greytalk, little Darcy wants you

Make up your mind to have no regrets

Recline yourself, resign yourself, you're through

Darcy always gets what She aims for

And your heart'n soul is what she came for

Whatever Darcy wants

Darcy gets,

Take off your coat

Don't you know you can't win?

You're no exception to the rule,

She's irresistible, you fool, give in!...Give in!...Give in!'

Fab song :rofl

Well now that I completely did the Evelyn Wood speed reading course through all nine pages of this thread, may I add my prayers and wishes that the lovely and most unique Darcy continues to do well! :)

My vet told me when I was working for him that the heart is one of the most amazing organs for compensating, and he was right. You might recall that Raven was diagnosed with advanced heart failure at age 12 when I took her in for the last time, and immediately started on furosemide and generic enacard. The vet said we might have 1 good year with her on the meds.

My sweet little old lady crossed over the bridge at age 16 1/2, 4 1/2 years after she was given a year. She did have the last laugh, as did many of my dogs. Biscuit had heart damage from the heavy heartworm infestation at age 4, and was predicted to have a shorter life span because of that. She passed this March at age 15.

My brother also has dilated cardiomyopathy, which was diagnosed after it was learned he had a 'silent' heart attack at age 40. He's done very well on medication, and that was 6 years ago he was diagnosed.

Sending hugs to you from across the pond, and lots of kisses for Darcy!

Thanks for that :D It's very encouraging indeed :D

Glad to hear Darcy continues to do well. When is her cardiologist appointment, so we can all be waiting on pins and needles to hear what he says??? :)

She's seeing the cardiologist again on Monday 13th and staying overnight for a 24 hour heart monitor thingy. So I suspect that we will see her (the cardiologist) both on the Monday and on the Tuesday.

Darcy is just being her usual self (so you know what that means.... :lol) Actually, I think she's trying it on a bit because sometimes she doesn't wish to eat what we give her....but will eat it off a spoon. I am suddenly transported back 34 months :rolleyes: But I am playing along nicely :D

I get a horror now and again about the fact that she could just erm.....keel over. But then I try to remember that the same can happen to any dog really and I can't go around worrying about it. But now and again, the thought creeps in and I have to bang it on the head and shove it out again.

We are continuing to moniter her breathing rates and heart rates and there is no pattern whatsoever. How very Darcy :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!