Darcy Is In The Vet Referral Hospital

Bevd

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a call from the cardiologist. It seems that the called her in tonight, rather than waiting for tomorrow. That's not very good really is it.

Actually, nothing is very good about this situation. I don't even want to type some of the stuff that was said during our conversation this evening but nothing is good.

Actually, there was a good thing - when Emily (cardiologist) was told that Darcy had survived Osteo for 34 months thus far, she thought someone had got their figures wrong - so she checked the notes and found that nobody had got their figures wrong :wub:

However, now Darcy has to deal with Dilated Cardiomyopathy and she's going to start on a coctail of drugs tonight with a view to her coming home late on tomorrow. If the drugs don't work, we're in a bad place. If the drugs do work, we're still in a bad place to be perfectly frank. But this is a dog who has battled hard to live and she has to be given the chance to live (a good quality of life) for as long as she can.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest goofydog

Good news is the clinic had the insight to go ahead and bring the cards doc in. Better news is that Darcy has a proven track record of telling the Fates just what she thinks of them! It sounds like she is in good hands and they will find the right med or combo of meds to make sure Darcy is around for a long time. Fingers and paws crossed for Darcy to be able to come home tomorrow. :grouphug

Is pimobendan one of the meds she was put on?

I don't know. She phoned me at 8.50pm and said she was going to start her on a number of drugs so I'll find out what they are tomorrow when we bring her home.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Gosh Bev I know how you feel :cry1 we go through this with the hopes that we can win the battle. Some can go on for a long time like Winslow and your Darcy. She hasn't suffered and as you said "she has to be given the chance to live (a good quality of life) for as long as she can." and you will do that. Love her and love yourself for trying. You are a great Mom and your doggies are so lucky to have you.

:grouphug:bighug

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Lots of prayers and wishes that Darcy can beat this too!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Bev I will continue to keep Darcy in my thoughts and prayers. Let's hope that the medicine will do the trick and let her come home tomorrow.

Many Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Gosh, Bev, I'm only just seeing this. Crap! Poor Darcy :( Sounds like she is in very good hands though. You and Darcy and your whole family and pack are in my thoughts, and my fingers are ever so tightly crossed that Darcy will be okay. She has such a fighting spirit and you know how very special she is to us all here :wub::beatheart:heart

Hang in there. :bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh crap, I was hoping for better news. I'll will keep her in my prayers. She's a fighter so I hope you have many, many more years with her.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm sorry that this is happening to Darcy and I understand the worry and fear you must be feeling when you still don't yet know what tomorrow will bring. Please know Bev, that Darcy and your family have been an inspiration to me from the very first and will continue to inspire me always, no matter what may come. She is my canine hero. I will hold Darcy close in my heart and in my prayers as we all wait along side you and hold your hand.

Hug_emoticon_by_smiekie.gif

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Good news is the clinic had the insight to go ahead and bring the cards doc in. Better news is that Darcy has a proven track record of telling the Fates just what she thinks of them! It sounds like she is in good hands and they will find the right med or combo of meds to make sure Darcy is around for a long time. Fingers and paws crossed for Darcy to be able to come home tomorrow. grouphug.gif

Exactly! Couldn't possibly have said it better, hug included!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).