Darcy Is In The Vet Referral Hospital

Bevd

SOOOOO glad to read this update!!!! :yay :yay :yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol The image of Diva Darcy, whimpering in a ladylike hint that it's time to lift her for her *ahem* needs! :rofl

Well, that's all encouraging, and so I'm encouraged! I am now reflecting back large waves of encouraging positivity to build on this whole theme of encouragement! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

After a day that has been so very bad, this has been the best news to make my heart laugh and repair my grumpy self!

happydance-1.gifsmiley4124.gifdance.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Ssshhhh - don't tell Darcy but she looks really silly :huh She has a half shaved front leg (looks as if she is wearing a fluffy boot which then stops for a few inches and then continues again :blink: ) and after all the effort she put into growing her hair back after chemo....they shaved half of it off again on one side of her :eek:rolleyes: And not even that neatly :angry::lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so glad to read a good report! LOVE the idea of them helping her up with a sling! I think if they tried that with Sid, he'd look at them as if to say 'Gerroff me!!! What are you doing?' :rofl

Jim was on Vetmedin, and Frusemide by the end. There was another drug too, but I can't remember what it was called. Long time ago now.

I do hope Darcy does well! AND grows her fur back!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Ssshhhh - don't tell Darcy but she looks really silly :huh She has a half shaved front leg (looks as if she is wearing a fluffy boot which then stops for a few inches and then continues again :blink: ) and after all the effort she put into growing her hair back after chemo....they shaved half of it off again on one side of her :eek:rolleyes: And not even that neatly :angry::lol

I think it might be time for some Darcy pics. Just so we can see how well she's recovering now that she's home and on her meds. ;)

Glad too hear she is home and continued good thoughts that the meds do their magic and Darcy feels better asap.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I can just imagine the look on her face when they brought the sling in to help her.:lol :lol :lol

Hope she does well on the new meds.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

So very glad to hear that Darcy is home where she belongs.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

So will you be getting a sling to assist Her Highness in doing her business in the future? And maybe you could get a wagon to carry her about when she's tired and wants a nice walkie! lol.gif

Oh my, that made me laugh out loud to imagine them 'helping' her with a sling because the poor girl only has three legs. It's nice to have tears of joy for dear old Darcy, rather than the other type. I know it's silly because I've never even met her and she's a world away, but I've become very attached to her sweet, furry face. My Jesse also had his right front leg amputated a few weeks after Darcy, but sadly he was only with us for about 4 months after that. I'm so glad to hear that Darcy is hanging in there for a little while longer. Darcy and Wilson give me hope that this awful disease is beat-able!

Please know that Darcy and her entire family are in my prayers. I'm sure that angel Wilson is looking down over her. angelwings.gif

Edited by sdisto

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

:lol And then did she lie back on her pillows and demand to be fed bonbons?

I'm glad she's home. Even if it means she has to go out to potty on her own steam. :rofl

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Encouraged by Darcy's news :nod I hope that she is feeling more like herself very soon :)

You know, most dogs would think, "I don't need no stinkin' sling!" but Darcy thinks to herself, "you know, I don't really need that, but heck, if they're going to wait on me, I'll take it!!" :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest hannahmom

I'm trying to picture Ms. Diva lapping up all of the "special" attention at the vets.

:D :D :D

Now THATS the kind of vet story I want to hear about Darcy!!

I am glad she is home where she belongs

Guest greybookends

I'm trying to picture Ms. Diva lapping up all of the "special" attention at the vets.

:D :D :D

Now THATS the kind of vet story I want to hear about Darcy!!

I am glad she is home where she belongs

Yup milking it for all it's worth! :lol

Get better Darcy. :kiss2