Gee Update

Well looks like it was those bad teeth were giving her all the trouble. She is now back on her kibble (without having to add anything to entice her to eat), she's prancing around the house like a youngster and doing a happy dance for cookies again! In the midst of this Valentino resumed a limp that had been plaguing him for about 3 weeks now so he went to the vet yesterday. He had two x-rays (because I was terrified it was osteo) but it turns out to be some arthritis in his elbow! I'll take arthritis any day over osteo! The vet wanted him to start on some glucosamine/chondroiton right away and we have some Metacam for days when he seems to be in a lot of pain. All in all, I'm extremely thankful right now. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for our Gee. Even without all those teeth, she's a happy, happy girl.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TeddysMom

Wonderful news on Gee's teeth and really happy (I almost hate to say that but...) on the arthritis Dx. I'm so happy she is feeling better.

When Polli lost 17 teeth at her first dental, she was able to eat everything from kibble to bully sticks. Those toothless girls are determined!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Heehoo

I guess this is the summer for arthritus, I had to take Jack in a month ago for limping. I "forced" an xray on Dr Sullivan (Dr B was overbooked & leaving the next day). She put him on meds & a month later, he's doing so much better. He gets a lot of bed rest during the day, I've been keeping him gated in my bedroom vs the rest of the house.

I am so glad Gee is feeling better & I hope Valentino feels better soon. :beatheart

yay.gif Gee

yay.gif Valentino

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:clap Always glad to hear good news :clap

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross