Fwacc 28: A Virtual Memorial

mangos_mom

Guest MyCody

Braden, Rachael, Martin and Pudge,run free from pain and remember only the love you finally got to know even though it should have been yours from the beginning of your lives here on earth.

:candle:candle:candle:candle

Guest zoolaine

Run with the angels sweeties :angelwings - you were all loved by so many people. My heart broke a little more, each time I hear another had gone to the bridge :brokenheart . But I know that you now only have happy, wonderful times ahead of you. Please never doubt for a moment that you touched so many and if love could have healed you, all of you would still be here. But instead you are with the angels :gh_runf_yellow:f_white:f_pink:f_red Hugs to your foster families and all those that were lucky enough to have met you in person as they cared for you :grouphug

Braden, Rachael, Pudge and Martin,

I am so sorry you all had to leave, that we didn't know quick enough to save you and that you could not stay to experience for yourselves just how good life could be in loving forever homes.

I said a special prayer today and asked God and all the bridge angels to take special care of each of you. I chose a special spot to say goodbye, in front of the memorial garden, where special flowers grow as living memorials to the love we have for hounds. There will always be a special spot of remembrance here for each of you.

I was not alone. As I prayed, butterlies fluttered amongst the flowers, a small yellow bird stopped to eat at the feeder, Moody sang a roo and the chimes of the beloved Philly Pup Angels rang out. It was truly a beautiful goodbye - and a fitting tribute to your beautiful souls.

Moody's song

Angel Chimes

Run fast, run free Braden, Rachael, Pudge and Martin, but know you will always be in our hearts and will never, ever be forgotten.

Edited by djsgreys

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I wish it wasn't necessary to have to post anything at all. I wish you, Braden, Rachael, Martin and Pudge, could

have lived out the rest of your lives knowing love, comfort and companionship, but it wasn't meant to be.

At least you left this earth knowing that people can be kind and compassionate and you all, even for a little while,

knew how it felt to be in the arms of someone who cared. You will never be forgotten and you will always be loved.

RIP sweet babies. :angelwings

:f_red

Edited by maryz

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest mdituro

ghrun.gif RACHEL flowers_pink.gif

ghrun.gif PUDGE flowers_yellow.gif

ghrun.gif MARTIN flowers_white.gif

ghrun.gif BRADEN flowers_red.gif

Your lives will be remembered. Your deaths were not in vain. Your beauty lives on in our memories, until we meet again.

Godspeed, dear pups.

hope.gifcandle.gif

hope.gifcandle.gif

hope.gifcandle.gif

hope.gifcandle.gif

Run fast and far and free sweet Angels...................................................................

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest adriahna

You will never be forgotten, beautiful friends. To see so many people at the service, all there in memory of you, to celebrate your life and free you into the hands of God... so wonderful, but so difficult. You will be missed so much, but rest knowing that your legacy is already at work, in helping others to heal, and many more to be saved from the fate that befell you. I cannot imagine any better gift than that.

You are all loved.

Guest GentleHugs

Braden, Rachael, Martin and Pudge,

Dear sweet ones.....

you will be forever loved by all of us

you will be forever missed by all of us

and you will never be forgotten by all of us.

You brought a community even closer than it was and you touched the hearts of many all over the world. Thank you for reminding us how to open our hearts even bigger to those who are lost, abused, sick and weary - to love unconditionally from the heart and to forgive those who have trespassed against us.

Butterfly381210.jpg

Fly free and join all of those who have passed before you. You have truly earned your golden angel wings.

For Braden, Martin, Rachael and Pudge

Four souls were sent to teach us,

and what lessons we did learn

of love they shared unselfishly,

of trust we never had to earn.

They taught us of forgiveness,

and of courage when we need to fight.

They shared their gentle spirits.

And through darkness, they brought light.

Though their precious lives were far too short,

like shooting stars across the sky,

they gave us faith to carry on

in all the times we wondered why.

We learned through overwhelming sadness,

that love and hope must intertwine,

and when that night sky seems the darkest,

we'll see their stars forever shine.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

The service was very nice. In addition to the foster moms/dads and Greyhound lovers, the rescue coordinator and cruelty investigators from FWACC were there - I got a photo of them with the five dogs that were there (Max was unable to attend, his vacation foster had to work):

gingerandstephanie2.jpg

The service part was truly moving. Each of the foster homes, and our wonderful volunteer Stephanie who was with Braden, wrote something about their pups, which was read by the minister. Susie presented each with the Grey's ashes, a large photo portrait of the Grey from the GALT website, and a gorgeous memorial heart from Northcoast Greyhounds.

Since I had the girls, I didn't get many photos. You can see them on Facebook.

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

Ardith gave me permission to post her photos, so here are some more.

The memorial display for each dog...

Martin:

martin2.jpg

Pudge:

pudge2.jpg

Rachael:

rachael2.jpg

Braden:

braden2.jpg

This table shows what went home with the fosters:

memorialtable.jpg

A close-up of Martin's:

memorialmartin2.jpg

Pudge:

pudge.jpg

Rachael:

rachael.jpg

Braden:

braden.jpg

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

Guest lovemyhounds

Never to be forgotten, Braden, Rachael, Martin and Pudge. When I need courage, I will recall your strength and bravery. When I need to forgive, I will remember that with forgiveness, you learned to trust. When I need to be extra patient, nurturing, caring and above all loving, I will think of your foster parents, who exemplify those qualities. When I become sad because your lives were not long, I will remind myself that in the end, your foster homes became your forever homes and you left this world feeling loved. I will always carry you in my heart. May you continue to inspire us to unite in the common goal of helping each and every greyhound find a loving home.

Guest jhoiles

I am uploading video from the service to Photobucket and I will post a link to it for those who would like to view it. The video clips are raw and unedited but they capture the service well enough to be worth viewing if you feel so inclined. Please forgive the occasional quality issues as I am not a professional video shooter and it was shot on a small Sony Handycam. :blush

Guest jhoiles

I am uploading video from the service to Photobucket and I will post a link to it for those who would like to view it. The video clips are raw and unedited but they capture the service well enough to be worth viewing if you feel so inclined. Please forgive the occasional quality issues as I am not a professional video shooter and it was shot on a small Sony Handycam. :blush

The videos from the memorial service have been posted as a new post under this forum.

To Braden, Rachel, Pudge and Martin,

We knew you for only a short time, but you have touched the hearts of so many people. Know that you were loved.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly