Need Good Thoughts Friends Gh Od On Prozac

Guest zoolaine

Guest zoolaine

I need GT good thoughts and prayers for my friends greyhound Princess Derby. My friend's border collie mix has bad SA and just started doggie prozac and managed to get into the bottle and between the 2 of them they ate 20 pills. Derby LOVES food so she probably ate the majority if not all of them as they are flavored tabs. She spent Friday night at the vet ER and is doing better but continues to have tremors and is whiny - which she never was before. She has an appointment with her regular vet in half an hour. She is such a sweet girl. Her is a picture of Derby from Zali's b-day party in April:

Derby.jpg

Get well sweet Princess Derby

Oh dear! Lots of good thoughts here for Princess Derby. Hoping to hear she's beyond danger soon.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

My beagle mix did the same thing last year. Ate the entire 30 pills of reconcile. Thankfully I got home right after it happened and was able to induce vomiting. She was very subdued and whiny for a few days but has made a complete recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed for the same for Princess Derby.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest zoolaine

The vet said it could be from the meds the ER vet put her on, but didn't really know. He had to look up info on both drugs and called and said that the symptoms she is experiencing isn't listed for either one - so he is thinking maybe something else is going on, like maybe a blockage from all the charcoal they gave her at the ER to induce vomiting. She continues to have little tremors and does that knuckling of her front paws - when Sunny did this same thing they said it was neurological. Her heart rate is fast too. So Derby is headed back to the vet so they can watch her this afternoon. She definitely has something going on. This happened Friday late afternoon so I would like any effects from the doggie Prozac itself would be out of her system by now.

Oh, how horrible. Best wishes for a full recovery.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I hope Derby will be okay. We'll be thinking of her.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest spaztastic_fam

Thank you for all of the good thoughts for Miss Derby! She is staying overnight at the vet...they are calling it focal seizures and she is getting an IV for her dehydration...Poor baby!

Guest zoolaine

Derby will stay tonight at the vets. She is dehydrated and will be on an IV for that. The vet called the drug company and she should not still be having any effects from eating the tablets on Friday. He seemed to think it was from the meds that the ER vet gave her. Derby had bloodwork and it all looked good. I'm praying she is just dehydrated and will be fine in the morning. Have a good night's sleep pretty girl!

Guest 4dogscrazy

Aww poor sweetie, hope she is feeling better now. My dogs LOVE pill bottles for some reason, they will get into my purse if I don't watch.

How is she today. I sure sounds like something neurological is going on.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest zoolaine

Derby is still having the tremors in her neck when she lays down. Yesterday she would also get bad tremors all over when going to stand up but so far this morning she isn't doing that. She stayed overnight at the vet. They gave her an IV for dehydration and also a steroid - she is eating and drinking better. The vet is calling the doggie Prozac company to see if any of the dogs in the original studies had any longer term seizure effects. Also I guess he said even if she ate all 20 pills, it really wouldn't have been that big of deal because Derby is so much bigger and Cooper was on a low dose. The vet is keeping her all day to keep an eye on her. He is also thinking it may be something totally unrelated - herniated disc in her neck????

Here is a photo of Cooper and Derby together:

cooperandderby.jpg

Guest zoolaine

Derby did have all her vaccinations on July 16th...... I know from my other thread on vaccinations there is something going on with the rabies vaccine. I think 2 weeks would be too long to see a reaction from just the vaccines but maybe the combination??????

Ah ha! Vaccinations......? I wish somebody would get to the bottom of what has been done to the rabies vaccine. I wonder if it was the Pfitzer product which tried to kill my Minny. And by the way about 6 weeks past his incident he is still exhibiting some minor "ticks"- front paws bother him occassionally etc.- that he NEVER did before he got the shot.

-Also he was routinely vaccinated in years previous with no issues or reactions with those vaccines that were used then.

Edited by racindog