Do You Have Peroxide?

Do you have peroxide?

No - Put it on your list and buy some

Yes - Is it open?

No - should be fine if it isn't too old

Yes - if it's been open more than ~12 months, you might want to replace it for a fresh bottle

I usually have a bottle on hand in case I need it for the dogs. Movers didn't pack liquids and I had forgotten to buy any as of yet. I remembered this when I had a dog foaming at the mouth tonight and had to quickly figure out if said dog needed to be forced to puke up a lizard, go to the vet or something else (c- something else, rinse mouth out with water to remove lizard toxin).

So, check your peroxide. If you don't have any to check, get some :)

Good reminder Trudy! And I am guessing Tavarish?

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Whippy cream kills salamanders....oh..wait .nevermind....wrong thread....colgate.gif

Peroxide is pretty cheap, but I have noticed that the warehouse clubs have huge bottles for about the same price as a smaller bottle in regular stores.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

First aid type peroxide, unopened until needed.

Some lizards and skinks are toxic, as are some toads.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Oh yeah -- Peroxide magically takes blood out of fabrics (if the fabric is color-safe, of course), and can be mixed with a small amount of dishwashing detergent and a larger quantity (aka box) of baking soda for an effective deskunk wash.

Sorry about the lizard snack.

(and what's a skink?)

Guest Energy11

Great reminder, Trudy!

I have several bottles around the house, and in my medical bag. HOPE I don't have to use them. We too, have a variety of lizards around here.

Hope T feels ok today.

Peroxide is pretty cheap, but I have noticed that the warehouse clubs have huge bottles for about the same price as a smaller bottle in regular stores

Very true, just be sure to check the expiration date smile.gif

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest GentleHugs

Oh good Lord..... another dog that's like LuLu. blink.gif

I always have a fresh bottle of peroxide on hand just because of LuLu. Last year it was a snapping turtle, skinks (little lizards) and toads. The skinks knew how to move and hide so she didn't go after them too much. The snapping turtle retreated into his shell until said dog was finished playing soccer with him but the toads got a little nasty. That's when we had to apply our doggy CPR learning on her to bring her back. First dog of ours ever that I had to do CPR on. Also learned to keep a bottle of zantac on hand, too.

This year it's been lightning bugs and baby copperheads...... yeah - fun summer. NOT!

So... when the lizard came back up - was it whole or in pieces??? puke.gif

Is T ok now???

So... when the lizard came back up - was it whole or in pieces??? puke.gif

He didn't puke it back up. No reason to make him, just washed his mouth out with water to get the toxin out of his mouth. We were at the vet for an apt this morning and I mentioned he snacked on a lizard last night. She said at most, he'd probably have some loose poop. Her dog snacks on them as well. All I noticed was a couple nasty farts from him last night. Lizard farts are as bad as Ryan's poop farts :lol:puke

Guest sheila

food grade peroxide? HUH??

I always keep peroxide on hand. It's not only good for an emergency puking but for cleaning. I once woke up from a nap to find that a hound had somehow gotten a cut on the webbing of a toe and there was bloody spots all over the carpet. I poured peroxide over every drop and a few minutes later ran my carpet cleaner over them and they cleaned right up.

Oh yeah -- Peroxide magically takes blood out of fabrics (if the fabric is color-safe, of course), and can be mixed with a small amount of dishwashing detergent and a larger quantity (aka box) of baking soda for an effective deskunk wash.

Sorry about the lizard snack.

(and what's a skink?)

post-10392-12775970364821_thumb.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Added to the shopping list. Our bottle has been around in this house longer then me :blush

Thanks for the reminder, or better yet, thank T for us :P

OH and here is some interesting news. One of those red headed skink can survive a go round or two in a washing machine :D Who knew :dunno

Guest Energy11

Thanks for the reminder, or better yet, thank T for us tongue.gif

He says no problem. And he learned nothing from it. Seriously, the neighbors must hear me yelling "DO NOT eat the damn lizards!"

Well, T says, ... they didn't have these delicacies in Alaska! Just call him Lizard Boy! The nut! I can just imagine you yelling that, too! lol.gif