Squeaker In Stomach

Guest hshirlow

Guest hshirlow

Our Sunshine swallowed a squeaker 6 months ago. We rushed her to the vet, she was xrayed which showed nothing, and she was kept for surveillance. We never did see the squeaker pass and figured maybe it was digested or something.

Today, she vomited and up came a squeaker! It was filled with a brown fluid (sorry to be graphic) and obviously seemed to have hung around inside her for a while. Is that even possible, that she vomited it 6 months later? It just seems crazy!

Not the first time I've heard of something coming back up weeks or months after being swallowed.:blink:

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh, yes, entirely possible.

Joseph had to have toy parts surgically removed 9 months after he ate them. Trudy has a similar story (IIRC hers involved natural passage), and I'll bet some others do too.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh my gosh! That is amazing, so glad it came up with no surgical intervention needed!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Yep, as Jey mentioned, Ryan ate a ball and got sick and managed to puke it up on his own... about 7-9 months AFTER he ate it.

A friend's lab did the same thing. He ate a football and puked it up a year later.

:sick

wow

hope that isn't what happened to my DH's watch

Huh

(no, not seriously - he's just misplaced it yet again and now has a four-legged to blame. Much like any gas :lol)

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Yep! Ex-DBF's dog ate the top of a kong while staying with me. 2 months later he passed it naturally, whole. :blink:

A foster of mine threw up a trainer's glove shortly after his arrival from teh track. 2 months later he vomited the matching glove!

I have more, but I'll stop there. ;) It's totally crazy, right?!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I caught Cookie eating a de-stuffed stuffy (courtesy of Buddy) and started putting 2 and 2 together. She would have spells of vomiting, and then finally something that looked mysteriously recognizable would come up. This would be days, however.

I finally banned them this last time. I'm not purchasing anymore and I threw most of what they had out.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Yep, my Faolin did it too. Hacked off a hunk of a rope chew toy (unbeknownst to me) & horked it up. Before I could grab it, he swallowed it AGAIN, right in front of me! Took a month to be horked up again. I was faster that time or else he was really tired of it. rolleyes.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Wow - pretty impressive! Thank goodness it came up and never caused obstruction!

But I'll be the one to ask the irresistible question: when you were giving tummy rubs, did you ever hear squeaking? DId you think her stomach was doing a lot of high-pitched gurgling recently? Were you walking around, oiling all the door hinges and metal joints because you just couldn't figure out where the squeak was coming from? Did all the other greyhounds run up to her and try to shake her in their mouths to get to the squeakie?

But the most important question on my mind: when the squeakie came out, did it still work?

:D I'm bad today, but I'm so happy to hear you have a healthy pup. :)

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Wow - pretty impressive! Thank goodness it came up and never caused obstruction!

But I'll be the one to ask the irresistible question: when you were giving tummy rubs, did you ever hear squeaking? DId you think her stomach was doing a lot of high-pitched gurgling recently? Were you walking around, oiling all the door hinges and metal joints because you just couldn't figure out where the squeak was coming from? Did all the other greyhounds run up to her and try to shake her in their mouths to get to the squeakie?

But the most important question on my mind: when the squeakie came out, did it still work?

:D I'm bad today, but I'm so happy to hear you have a healthy pup. :)

:lol :lol :lol I am guessing no to the last question given the description of it being filled with stomach fluids. :puke

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest hshirlow

Funny! No, no squeaking. She managed to pop the squeaker and then swallow it. We have banned all squeaky toys since then and have a gorilla with something like 20 squeakers in it hiding in the closet and reserved for when she's an old lady. Hopefully then she may play with it! I just wish she'd have coughed it up earlier - it would have saved us like a huge Penn vet bill.

Know what you mean about the bill.

I let Joseph have squeaky toys ... during supervised playtime every day. Then the toys get put away again. He has a couple large squeaky balls that are always available downstairs, but someone is always supervising when he's down there and he isn't allowed to bring them up.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Yup, had a foster pup do almost the same thing! And isn't it amazing that the plastic is whole and not eaten up by the stomach acids.... the same acids that will make a bone into powder and food into poo!

Know what you mean about the bill.

I let Joseph have squeaky toys ... during supervised playtime every day. Then the toys get put away again. He has a couple large squeaky balls that are always available downstairs, but someone is always supervising when he's down there and he isn't allowed to bring them up.

This is what we do too now. We have tiers:

- toys that only Neyla gets when I first come home while Zuri & the foster are still in their crates; these are immediately put away after we play

- toys that Neyla & Zuri are allowed to play with unsupervised, currently also put away or kept out of reach

- toys the foster can play with supervised, in toy basket

- a very few toys that can be left out at all times or in the foster's crate (this does not include tennis balls, learned that one the hard way :shakefinger)