Boy Dog Question

Jack's lying on the floor, and I was taking some pictures of him. I noticed there is a little drip of something on the end of his hoo-hoo...sort of a creamy color.

What the heck could that be??

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Just normal discharge. As long as it doesn't smell funky (infected), come out in copious amounts, or look green, it's normal. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Some just secrete a little more than others. Kinda like earwax: Some dogs generate a lot, others never require an ear-cleaning. :dunno

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest greytmiles

I'm quite embarrassed to admit that I became a bit obsessed with this (gross) phenomenon soon after Miles came home. I wasn't sure how much was too much so I kept uh... monitoring the situation.

My wake-up call came when one night my roommate yelled "Stop looking at his wang, and get in here to watch this movie!!"

Thus ended Wiener Watch 2010. :blush

Erin

I'm quite embarrassed to admit that I became a bit obsessed with this (gross) phenomenon soon after Miles came home. I wasn't sure how much was too much so I kept uh... monitoring the situation.

My wake-up call came when one night my roommate yelled "Stop looking at his wang, and get in here to watch this movie!!"

Thus ended Wiener Watch 2010. :blush

Erin

:lol

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest greytbookert

Yep, a little discharge is nothing to worry about, as others have said.

Hopefully, you'll never have to endure the never ending red rocket! :lol

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread because we're going to get Capri a big brother in a couple months. But now you guys have to fess up on the other things... olives? Red rocket? Do tell, before I get a boy and freak out!

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Guest Greytluv

Hopefully, you'll never have to endure the never ending red rocket! :lol

:rofl Was that you? That was hilarious :rofl :rofl

Thankfully I have read all about boy dogs here in GT, so when I saw a drop of this stuff on Opie's boy part, I was not concerned. I admit I actually took a tissue the first time, and "dabbed" it up - making DH comment "What the H@#L are you doing, leave it alone!" :lol

And to jetcitywoman - olives, well,they are these olive looking things, under the skin. Noticeable sometimes. Do a seach of "Olives" and you will find the most hilarious thread discussing one person's "discovery" of these!

Red Rocket? Well, sometimes call "lipstick" - when it comes out, you will know! Only happened with Opie once, he was outside laying in the grass in the front yard, and I guess the warm sun made him very "happy"! :lol:eek

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

some boys are tidy, some aren't just like skin-kids.

jetcitywoman, they all clean themself, some more than others- with a boy dog you learn to ignore! as to adopting one and the olives, lipstick, mung that's minor. they are big mushes, major loves and stay young forever.....they're boys!

Edited by cleptogrey

Ahh, gotcha on the rocket. I did grow up with dogs, so I do remember they sometimes... hang out? (Horses too, but that's a different story for another thread! :lol)

I'll look up the olives thread, thanks. Sounds very bizarre!

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

OMG, thank you so much for the reference to the olives thread. It WAS funny, and also educational! I never noticed that on a dog before, and I would have thought my boy (when we get him) had cancer too!!! Phew!

So, it's very tacky to bring this up, but I'm scared about something else after reading that thread. There were a few references to... doggie masturbation. Do they really do that? Is there a way to train them not to do it that doesn't give them psychological hangups later in life? :lol I'm halfway serious, I don't know if I could walk into a room where two dogs were doing that and just shrug and roll my eyes. :colgate

Guest sorenkkg

I will now out myself as someone who also monitors the boy dog's "parts". I've never had a boy dog before, much less one pumped full of hormones.

The week we first got him, I was staying home to adjust him to home life... I took a nap one day, guess he did too. I got up to pee and he followed me to the bathroom.

I was FACE TO FACE with the "lipstick" and I just about died eek.gif

I called my greyhound lady, and started the conversation just like this thread :lol Hi, um, about boy dog anatomy?

She about killed herself laughing, then said he must've had a VERY nice nap...

I'm now going to look up olives, but I have the feeling it answers a question I've never bothered to ask...

re: masturbation. I don't think they do? Since they are fixed, they don't have a sex drive, so if they lick, it's for cleanliness... right? Or am I being naive?unsure.gif I've seen Haka clean up, but it's never excessive...

Guest FoxHollowFarm

Thank you for asking about the doggie pleasuring. I caught one of my males using his hind legs to pleasure himself. He had a discharge all over the inside of his hind legs... I have a feeling he does these "gyrations" on a consistent basis. Is there a way to stop these actions? Or do I just let boys be boys?

Thanks for any input.

Fox Hollow Farm

Guest sorenkkg

omg omg omg jaw.gif

is he neutered? I thought their hormones go away and 1) they don't get sexually excited and 2) there's nothing to ejaculate.

???