Hello Everyone!

Guest Gretchen

Guest Gretchen

Hello,

I'm a new Greyhound mom and hooked already! I work for a veterinary ophthalmologist since 2005 as a vet assisstant and receptionist. I love my job.

As my profile name says Gretchen, my name is Gretchen. My fiance and I did loads of research after our last dog a 9yo dane passed on, and decided greyhounds were indeed the breed for us.

So, we brought Calvin a mostly black greyhound home on March 12th. He has adapted so well to our lifestyle. Everyday is a learning experience with him. We're finding he has many quirks some common to greys others his own special quirks. He's a big time collector, he collects everything and anything he can (cell phones, tissue boxes, wallets, shoes, laundry and of course his toys), he likes to stick his nose into any cup around and check out the contents, he occasionally spins when excited, he loves the toys the grunt instead of squeak, we get up everyday at 6a.m. because he wants to get up, he's getting used to the dog bed idea. He mastered the stairs in oh 72 hours, I was thrilled. Oh how can I forget my favorite quirk, he doesn't know how to wag his tail, he wags it up and down. I'm trying to get video of it to show everyone. I giggle everyday when I watch his tail. We've decided hes a velcro dog, where ever we go in the house he is right there with us, except for the scary basement... He wont go down those stairs yet.

We are already looking for our second addition. We know Calvin would just love to have a buddy. We have our eye on a cutie pie thats in local rescue group now. We'll see how things work out. I'm positive our next addition will pick us the same way Calvin did. I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to all the great information everyone posts here!!!!

Greetings from Gainesville, FL! :welcome2

Calvin is adorable!! He sounds like such a character!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome! He's a very handsome boy! Myka is making goo goo eyes at him :)

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Welcome from Miami! :welcome:wubsite Calvin is adorable. I love his white feetsies. That odd tail wag seems to be a Greyhound thing. We call it "chopper tail" or "`copter tail" because the circular motion reminds us of a helicopter's blades spinning `round and `round. Enjoy your boy and please visit GT often.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

welcome2.gif from NJ! Calvin is a good lookin' boy! wub.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi and welcome from Philly. Greyhounds are addicitive. :rofl

I have 2 that wag normal (only normal thing about DonnieDude or Moe) the rest do the helicoopter tail thing. They all have very endearing quirks. :beatheart

Again, welcome.

Calvin sounds absolutely adorable. Love those black tuxedo hounds. Does he have a grunting hedgehog in his toy collection yet?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest Gretchen

Yes Ellen Calvin has a grunting hedgehog he loves, I also got him this really awesome lion that has a deep rattle noise it makes..... He is super silly with those 2 toys!

Fastdogs: I did get Calvin from Louise (Greyhound Friends). We are not in MA, we live in CT. My fiance does quite a bit of traveling on the weekends up that way and to Boston. So an occasional greyhound adventure will probably make it in the calendar.

:welcome from Indiana! He sure is a cutie!

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Guest IrskasMom

Hello and WELCOME to GT. Gretchen and Calvin :wave:wave:wave Your Introduction Story sounds great and I am sure , there will be another Grey Introduction soon. I am excited with you. :paw:paw

Guest Gretchen

Hi Shadow,

So are you a Senators fan? My Fiance and I are dueling he want's Calvin to wear a Senators collar and I root for the Penguins... :P

My finace is from Ontario, grew up in Cornwall. So we visit everynow and then, Can't wait to bring Calvin with us next time, to meet the other half of the family.... :)

We just have to find out what papers we need to bring to get him to cross the border with us. Then we'll have to find a safe place for him to get his jollies out...