Mara

RyanUOP06

I still can't really believe I have to write this. :(

Mara was pretty much the perfect first greyhound and dog, in general. The thing that was most amazing about Mara was the impression that she left on other people. Even people who typically didn't care much for dogs could not help but fall in love with her well-behaved, sweet, happy, and adaptable personality. She changed a lot of people's pre-conceived notions of how greyhounds act, and even in her last days, she convinced a vet tech to adopt a greyhound.

I miss her a lot.

First pic I saw of Mara:

mara.jpg

prettyeyescroppedgt.jpg

pool2.jpg

maraandmatty1.jpg

Can't believe they are both gone in less than a year. :(

Edited by RyanUOP06

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:cry1 I'm so sorry...gosh, I don't know what else to say. What a beautiful girl :wub::grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest MnMDogs

Little MarMar...I'm so lucky to have known that girl. I met her just 4 years ago, and my memory of her will forever include her sneezing on me for the 8-10 hour ride from Sacramento to Solvang. That petite, well-behaved little peanut had quite the personality, and I'm so thankful that she liked me enough that her daddy thought it would be ok to marry me.

There really are no words to explain just how much she was loved. Ryan mentioned that even those that didn't really like dogs, loved Mara. My mother was one of those people. Mara truly did touch everyone she met, and I can only hope to one day meet a hound that can hold a candle to her.

Carol and Ryan, I am so sorry. :( I'm glad you had the time with Mara that you did. Of course, it's never enough. You both are in my thoughts.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest PhillyPups

Ryan and Carol I am so sorry for your loss, there are no words. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Mara, you are with the very very best ~

Guest KennelMom

What a beautiful girl...I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye. There's never enough time, is there. She had a life well lived and, certainly, well loved :grouphug

Godspeed, sweet Mara...

Ryan and Carol, my heart dropped when I saw Mara's name. Despite her recent diagnosis, I so wasn't expecting this. I'm so sorry flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest jettcricket

I am so sorry in the loss of your most beautiful girl.....I know how you are feeling losing 2 precious babies so close together. It's just not fair. sad.gif

"Grieve not nor speak of me with tears...t'was heaven here with you".

flowers_pink.gif

I am so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous Mara.

:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France