Sonie Has Surgery Tomorrow

Guest HersheysMom

Guest HersheysMom

Sonie is having surgery tomorrow to have a lump on her shoulder removed and sent out for a biopsy. I am so nervous for her - not about the procedure itself because this is a greyt surgeon, but about her being at the hospital for the day. She is just SO skittish, this is going to be a nightmare for her. They said they'd try and do her first to get her home ASAP. I know I haven't been on GT much lately, but Sonie and I could really use the power of GT right now to take her through tomorrow.

Thanks!

Guest ScottH

Prayers for the shy Sonie. I hope all goes well and she is home quickly. Let the 'benign' chant begin.

Calming thoughts for John and you too Carolyn.

Edited by ScottH

Guest jenznaz

Praying for an easy time for Sonie. Are you able to wait with her before they anesthetize her? I realized if I hadn't waited with my Naz before he went under for surgery, he would have been kenneled in the op room with a lot of other nervous pups. My vet let me sit with him in the waiting room, where they gave him a tranquilizer, and they let me go all the way back with him up until they had him on the table and put him under. :bighug

:goodluck

I hope everything goes well and the lump is a nothing.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest dobiegrey

Same as JENZNAZ, I have always been able to stay with my pups until they are under, one of the many reasons I will NEVER change vets!! They also listen and care, they are a great practice. Anyway, ask if you can stay until she is out than she will hardly know you are not there before it is time to go home!! I actually hold them in my arms until they are totally out, by now my docs know I will NOT fall apart. The last couple of times they even moved my dogs to a room and I sat while they recovered than got to take them right home. Of course patience is necessary because it takes a little while and I try never to ask or bother them in any way, just like sitting in the waiting room in a hospital, but I am really spoiled by these guys and I really appreciated them lots!!

Lou

Guest Fasave

Hey Carolyn!

I'll be thinking good thoughts. When Ave had his last surgery for a lump removal, I arranged with my vet for him to be done first. He also told me to wait with Ave in the car and they would come get me and give him a shot immediately to start calming him down. You might want to see if they can do this. I know how hard the night before is but you're doing what's right for Sonie. There are a lot of people pulling for you. We hope to see you all on the beach on Sunday.

Hope all goes well :hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest HersheysMom

Thanks everyone - this is a new vet but they are very attentive to her skittishness! I will ask about staying with her - I don't care if I have to call in to work tomorrow too (I'm already taking Thursday off) I'll let you know!

I'm upset because starting last night she's been panting more than usual off and on. John thinks she's feeding off of my anxieties. He may be right. She doesn't pant so much around him. He is coming for the drop-off too, because she likes daddy better.