Sonie Has Surgery Tomorrow

Guest HersheysMom

Guest HersheysMom

The Dr. just called. Everything went well and I can pick her up in two hours!

Thanks so much everyone for the suggestion to be there with her when they put her under. She was able to wait in the car, she only was in the exam room for about 5 minutes so they could look her over before they gave her the initial shot. She hardly had any time to get worked up.

eta - darn it, I can't figure out how to edit my first post, only this one - I hope people look here for updates. why doesn't it give an "edit" option on all of the posts, only the last one?

Edited by HersheysMom

Guest Energy11

Ah, Greyt news!

To edit a first, or anyother post, you need to be a Greytalk Supporter. It is worth it, to keep this forum going, and to be able to edit one's first posts!

:yay :yay

I hope she's now home and feeling better.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest HersheysMom

Ah, Greyt news!

To edit a first, or anyother post, you need to be a Greytalk Supporter. It is worth it, to keep this forum going, and to be able to edit one's first posts!

Ah, then I'm not crazy! I did used to be able to do it! I was a Supporter and I expired.....

Sonie is recovering amazingly well. It only took her about an hour from when she got home to stop panting. The incision is A LOT bigger than I'd anticipated. I'll post a new update tomorrow. Busy hovering right now :)

Guest Fasave

Ah, Greyt news!

Ah, then I'm not crazy! I did used to be able to do it! I was a Supporter and I expired.....

Sonie is recovering amazingly well. It only took her about an hour from when she got home to stop panting. The incision is A LOT bigger than I'd anticipated. I'll post a new update tomorrow. Busy hovering right now :)

I'm not surprised the incision is bigger. Ave's last lump was the size of a pee and he still had about a four inch incision. It's actually a good sign because it means that took big margins. With Ave's second lump, I jokingly told the vet to go wide and deep :lol which he did. Good thing because it was a soft tissue sarcoma and he said it wasn't far from the muscle tissue. If it had spread to the muscle, it would have been a totally different story for him. Being that the incision is on her shoulder, I hope this means she won't be able to lick it. Maybe a loose t-shirt will keep her from scratching it. Let us know how she's doing this morning.

Guest HersheysMom

Still doing well. She's on Rimadyl and Tramadol. She's yelping a lot less today. The massage therapist just left, so that massage will help her a lot with the healing. She seems very content at the moment, but who wouldn't after an at-home massage?

She can't really get to the stitches Melissa. She certainly can't reach to lick them, she may be able to scratch them but hasn't tried yet. I hope they don't get too itchy as she heals.