Osu Greyhound Health And Wellness

Just wondering how many GT folks attended the conference/seminar. It was awesome. Only met one GT person, Phatom's mom (hope I spelled the name right). She is adorable and only 32 lbs! I came from Nevada. Just wondering what your thoughts were on the conference. It was an eye opener for me and well worth the expense to travel to the conference. Like everyone said Dr. Couto and his team ROCK!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I was there. That Team rocks! I hope the head of continuing education (who was the "MC")got just how devoted greyhound owners are. This has been something Dr. C. and Co. have been trying to get across to the administration.

Guest hlpnhounds

I was there too !!

I really enjoyed both the owner sessions as well as the veterinarian sessions. I really learned a lot and I highly recommend it for greyhound owners and veterinary professionals alike.

One of my favorite lectures was "My dog has OSA, now what ?" Very imformative and enlightening. I wish there had been more veterinarians in that session as it was told from an owner's perspective.....what goes on in your mind, what to do, where to find support, how to cope, what to expect.....it was an excellent session and I salute the bravery of those that shared their stories with us.

I was there too !!

I really enjoyed both the owner sessions as well as the veterinarian sessions. I really learned a lot and I highly recommend it for greyhound owners and veterinary professionals alike.

One of my favorite lectures was "My dog has OSA, now what ?" Very imformative and enlightening. I wish there had been more veterinarians in that session as it was told from an owner's perspective.....what goes on in your mind, what to do, where to find support, how to cope, what to expect.....it was an excellent session and I salute the bravery of those that shared their stories with us.

That lecture sure had the audience crying. I was crying so hard that I thought I was going to have to leave the room. I too salute their bravery in sharing those stories.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest Energy11

I wasn't able to attend, but I have seen Dr. Couto speak three times now. HE IS AWESOME, and of course, so is his team! We are VERY lucky to have all of them!

Guest wjamg

I was there also, I loved all the sessions and plan to share some of the info with my vet.

I thought it was a very worthwhile experience and will go if it's offered again...I actually went out to dinner Friday night with five other greytalkers, including Phatom's mom, that dog was beautiful wasn't she?

I too attended!! Loved the conference--well run, educational--came home wanting more. I really hope they consider hosting a conference next year. Let's hope that the head of education understands the love and devotion we have for the breed and how incredibly important the GHWP is.

i couldn't make it. i was so looking forward to meeting you, Sharon.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest PreciousMom

The Greyhound Conference in Ohio was some of the best time and money I have spent. I'm hoping they run it again next year, I would even like to see it expanded to 2 days.

Dr. Couto and his team are great.

Guest momofevie

I overheard a few people say that some of the info would be available online and that copies of the handout (copies of most talks/slides) were available for purchase. I'm sure someone in the Greyhound Health & Wellness Program or Continuing Ed. office would be able to confirm for you.

Guest eaglflyt

I overheard a few people say that some of the info would be available online and that copies of the handout (copies of most talks/slides) were available for purchase. I'm sure someone in the Greyhound Health & Wellness Program or Continuing Ed. office would be able to confirm for you.

This would be excellent! I'll be looking forward to being able to access the info. and would gladly pay the purchase price. Maybe if they have it again next year we could attend.

I saw Christina (of the blood bank)and Lily (Dr. Marin) this morning and told them about all the great feedback I'm hearing here and on Ravelry Greyknits group.

What did they think? I know they've seen hordes of us before.rolleyes.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I was there and at the end of the conference we were talking to Dr. Couto and he said to send any ideas for topics to him for next years' conference. Many of us would have liked to attend the vet's sessions. Dr. Couto said they were contemplating whether or not they should run separate sessions for the vets and owners, so you may want to let him know what you prefer as well.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sorry to tip the subject here.

Is there more information on this conference www.greyhoundsrock.org (greyhounds rock)? :unsure Will Dr Couto be speaking? I would like to put DH on alert that I need that week-end off. :lol

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)