The Loss Of My Casey

Guest GreytfulJack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lynne893

I am sorry you lost your Casey. We lost Timber to lymphoma in September. It is sad.

But, you are a special heart to adopt a senior, and no doubt Casey loved you all the more for the good life you gave her in her last years.

Godspeed Casey! Run pain free and young again!

I am so sorry. Rest well, baby girl.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest 3greysinPA

I'm so so sorry!...Buttered Toast... :blush

Awwww... Casey... what a sweet houndie....

sending you lots of hugs.... :grouphug

Run Free Pain Free at the bridge sweet Casey f_yellow:gh_run2f_yellow

I'm so sorry for your loss. Casey was a lucky girl to be so loved in her final years. Godspeed Casey! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest GreytfulJack

I would like to thank everyone for all of their warm wishes and regards. I received so many emails and condolences from family,friends and co-workers as well. The support really does make the grieving process easier...at least for me.

Casey was my third greyhound. I adopted my Jack about 11 years ago. I had fallen in love with greyhounds after meeting one that a friend had adopted. I loved having Jack and I even fostered a few after him. A few years later, I adopted his brother Jieves. Jieves had a serious neck injury/condition. After about a year and a half of treatments, unfortunately we had to send him to the bridge. He was a sweet, gentle soul who touched our hearts for the short time we knew him.

Not long after that, Casey came along. I had been doing M & G's for an adoption groups and she had been returned from a family. jack was now a senior and I knew she would be a good match. We took one look at each other, she walked over to me and that was that. She walked in my house as if she had lived there her whole life and Jack was smitten.

it was not long before Casey passed that I had made a huge decision...a decision to not adopt again. I knew that at this time in my life, it was time to step aside and put my energy into some other things that needed attention. But it wasn't until she died that it became a reality...that there would be no more greyhounds...and my grief was compounded ten-fold.

I am not ready to put all the things away...the beds, the collars, the dishes, the coats...all the 'stuff'...but I will. and someday, when I'm ready again, after the kids are gone and I have the time, and I am home, and, and and...

Thank you again to all...I'll be checking in and saying hello...

xo Tracy

I hope she is playing with all the other greys, eating lots of toast with warm butter and laying on every available couch heaven has to offer
:wub: Farewell, beloved Casey.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I am very sorry for your loss of Casey.

Run free sweetie, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.