Muzzle Rub

Wonder

Passion has a muzzle rub spot on her face

Will the fur grow back?

I know I need to line the muzzle- I just keep forgetting every time I go to WalMart or the store. I doubt I have anything at home but any suggestions on what to line the muzzle with that I might have?

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Dr Scholl's adhesive moleskin, or adhesive backed felt from the craft store.

That looks like her muzzle might need some adjustment. I don't think it should be rubbing that high up near her eyes (if I'm looking at the picture right).

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Dr Scholl's adhesive moleskin, or adhesive backed felt from the craft store.

That looks like her muzzle might need some adjustment. I don't think it should be rubbing that high up near her eyes (if I'm looking at the picture right).

When she lays-she smooshes her face on that one side which is why it rides up so close to her eye

She's got a small face so not sure there's a extra small muzzle size?

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

It might, it might not...but I've always applied Bag Balm to muzzle rubs on the kennel kids...helps with the irritation and helps it to heal :)

Hope your tiny faced sweetie is feeling better soon :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest FullMetalFrank

Chelsa also has a really little face and if she lies down with her muzzle on, it smooshes up near her eyes like that. We use the Dr. Scholls adhesive moleskin; it's nice and soft, and flexible so it can conform to the curvature of the muzzle.

Stella has a muzzle rub (her "beauty mark" from her kennel muzzle. Our vet said if the hair follicles were damaged, the hair may never grow back. When I need to muzzle her now, I use a really lightweight Australian nylon muzzle that has a single thin band over the bridge of the nose and completely avoids the spot that's already rubbed. The muzzles have six different sizes, too.