Rapid Onset Cancer - Help

Guest jolie1

Guest mcsheltie

I am just reading this. I am so sorry. I wish there was something else I could do, but am sending cyber hugs. Bless you for giving Dappy the greatest gift of all... Bless you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HappyHarleysMom

My heart just breaks for you. I'm so sorry for your loss of Dapper Dan. Cancer is the meanest disease.

Run free, pain free, Dapper Dan

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

:gh_run

I am so very sorry for your loss. Bless you for being able to put his peace and comfort ahead of yours.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. :brokenheart

Dappy is now free from his pain.

Dappy will always be with you in your heart.

:grouphug

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I'm so very sorry for you sudden loss. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest greytbookert

thank you to everyone for the advice, thoughts, and prayers. The ER vet evaluated Dappy and told us that with very heavy additional pain meds, he might last another day or so, not even to Christmas. I couldn't put him through that... Dappy has always been a vibrant, funny, silly, affectionate boy, he slept on my bed with me every night, somehow taking up 90% of a king size bed as Greyhounds are so skilled at doing. We had to let him go. I am so heartbroken words cannot express. He was fine just last week, I can't get my head around this. Please say a prayer for my Dapper Dan, he was such a good, good, sweet boy, and brought such joy to all.

Thank you for the kind support-

I'm so sorry! Run free Dapper Dan!

I'm so sorry. Think of the love and happiness you gave him in his life, and the gift of release you have given him. I'm so glad he had you on his journey through life. Hold him in your hearts. :grouphug

Guest bigorangedog

So sorry about your boy. We've lost 4 to cancer this year (5 total) so I know just how you feel. Think about all your good days together, and I hope you find peace.

Jen

Edited by bigorangedog

Guest houndhome

I'm so sorry! The only comfort is that Dappy is running pain free at the Rainbow Bridge with his pack members that are already there.

I am very sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Energy11

Just reading this now. We are sooo sorry for your loss, very very sorry. But, the pain he was in, must have been horrible, and you did the loving thing for him. Run free Dapper Dan! My Bob, Energy, Max and Dasher, I am sure, met him at The Bridge.

Lots of love, Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari. f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Edited by Energy11

I can't tell you all how much it helps to read your words of support and comfort. I am still just stunned, cannot find a way to feel okay about life without my Dappy. It seems like some people just don't understand, they guide me to what I have to be thankful for. I absolutely get that, and I am grateful, so much, for my wonderful baby, having a job, place to live, etc. but my dogs are my family too, and Dappy was by my side all the time, and it's so hard to not feel his presence, pet his head...not to try to maneuver around him in the bed! To lose him so quickly, it just destroys me. I just pray he knows how much he was loved and adored, and that he is okay now, I really need to feel that he is okay...

I am just so sorry. There are so many here who are experiencing the same emotions as you are. By your description, it is apparent that he knew he was loved and he loved in return. He is not truly gone, but is safely tucked into your heart. Look around you and he will send you a sign that all is well. It is different for many, you just need to open your heart to the possibility. I hope that sounds okay, I don't mean for it to sound condenscending or rude. I have seen rainbows in strange placees after the death of a beloved pet and the vision instantly brought me comfort. May this happen to you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow