Please Send Good Thoughts For Our Foster Boys

Tracey

Both boys are home now and resting. Reggie's zonked out and Rufus is like a kid falling asleep in his dinner; his head keeps lowering until he's touching the floor and then he jerks it back up and starts over again. Dr. Martin said that Rufus had the worst panic attack coming out of anesthesia that he's seen in 30 years. He got a bloody nose and chipped incisor from the experience, although he looks okay to me.

The bumps I was concerned about on Reggie's stomach were from an infection, apparently. Dr. Martin noted some old wounds on Rufus's legs as well and thought they both should be on a round of Cipro. They sent us home with Rimadyl for the boys, but they did not have enough Cipro on hand. I suggested that we could pick it up from Stop and Shop and the good part is that with my Stop and Shop card the antibiotics were free. :-)

Both boys were heartworm, lyme and ehrlichia negative also.

Thanks for all the good thoughts! They definitely worked!

Our foster boys,

Rufus (Reward RJ)

RufusPICT00014.jpg

and Reggie (Gable Caney)

ReggiePICT00122.jpg

are getting their neuters and dentals tomorrow. We're supposed to drop them off in the morning and collect them tomorrow night. Please keep them in your thoughts tomorrow for uneventful surgeries. I've never been through this before so I'm nervous but trying to not worry too much.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Good luck boys!

Kevin had his yesterday and when I picked him up at 4pm, I couldn't believe how he acted- like nothing happened!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Holding your handsome foster boys in my prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Good thoughts, of course, by OMG are those guys handsome!

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What beautiful boys! The pictures are c lear and wonderful. May I ask what kind of camera you used?

Gerry

Thanks for the compliments. The camera is a Konica Minolta Dimage A2. It's about four years old or so. They don't make them anymore. They got out of the camera business, I think.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

stunning boys. Here's hoping their neuters go smoothly! I bet they won't even know and will be ready for some lovins!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest PhillyPups

Tracey,

Prayers from Philly for your handsome "foster" boys. :hope

I am praying their surgery is as uneventful as DonnieDude's when they took his ballz and left his bat (f/k/a Donny Baseball) :lol

Boys bounce back quickly, as the surgery is not as invasive as a spay.

:hope :hope :hope

They'll be in good hands, Tracey, no worries there. They are gorgeous boys!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest vahoundlover

What handsome fellas!wub.gif

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts candle.gif Boys recover much quicker and easier than girlies, I hope that remains true for Reggie and Rufus

Update in post one.

Other than poor Rufus waking up badly, it's a great report! I'm glad. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)