Emmy Lou June 12 2000---December 10 2009

Guest MyCody

I'm so sorry for your loss. Emmy spent her last months on earth surrounded by love - that was a wonderful gift you gave her. Godspeed Emmy! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry. :grouphug:candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Terry I was at GRNE the day you adopted her as I was considering her for my mother. Thank you both for giving her 6 wonderful months with you. She was a lucky girl. Sorry for your loss.

Edited by riverbosun

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

My heart aches for you. :brokenheart I'm very sorry for your loss. Run like the wind with the angels, little one... :gh_run

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Terry I was at GRNE the day you adopted her as I was considering her for my mother. Thank you both for giving her 6 wonderful months with you. She was a lucky girl. Sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much for your note, we were so blessed to have her even if only six short months. She was the sweetest, gentlest of souls, her eyes had the softest most loving gaze and she would just walk over and snuggle and always made sure she would then go over to my husband who melted every time.

I know your Mom would have loved her too, but glad she isn't going through the heartbreak of losing her.

Terry

I know some people in here knew Emmy Lou, the little brood Mama that was at Greyhound Rescue of NE We adopted her on June 8 and were delighted to have her with us unfortunately for much too short a time. We lost her last night to cancer. She had been in the hospital for four days with no diagnosis. They sent her home a week ago last Tuesday and yesterday morning she began to just go downhill very rapidly. We rushed her in and after a second ultra sound they found a mass in her abdomen and by then it was thought an intestine had ruptured and she had sepsis. Surgery was iffy and she was in a trememdous amount of pain, could not even stand.

We could not put her through that after having been living in kennels for nine years so we gave her the peace and freedom from pain that she so richly deserved.

We absolutely are stunned and devastated, we will always remember the happiness she showed in being free out on her beds on our large deck and having the freedom to roam the entire house. We delighted in finding her in every corner of the house even the bathroom. She was alpha to Leah, our 8 year old who has been with us for four years, but let Emmy Lou take over choosing which bed she wanted and who was to go out and come in first, Emmy of course.

Run free from pain little Mama.

Terry

The important thing is she had her own home with her own people and knew she was loved. Bless you for giving Emmy Lou that piece of you. I am sorry it was not longer but it never is long enough.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss,she will be waiting for you at the bridge, she knows that you loved her, and she will remember the last days as the happiest...

Run free sweet girl, run free..

Couldn't have found any better words....

Deepest Sympathy

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

:cry1:grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss. f_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound