Updated: Took Lola To The Vet

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

I am so upset. Lola started throwing up last night. I kept waking up to clean things up, but it continued. We went to work but when DH came home to check on her, she had thrown up more. I left work and am waiting until the vets get out of surgery (another hour) to take her in.

The only thing odd that I saw in the "evidence" was some green leafy chunks. I thought grass would have been smaller. These were maybe a bit smaller than a dime. I gave her water when I got home and she's thrown up the water.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much. I am worried sick.

Edited by argolola

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TBSFlame

I am so upset. Lola started throwing up last night. I kept waking up to clean things up, but it continued. We went to work but when DH came home to check on her, she had thrown up more. I left work and am waiting until the vets get out of surgery (another hour) to take her in.

The only thing odd that I saw in the "evidence" was some green leafy chunks. I thought grass would have been smaller. These were maybe a bit smaller than a dime. I gave her water when I got home and she's thrown up the water.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much. I am worried sick.

No suggestions. Healing thoughts for Lola. I do hope it's nothing.

Guest Energy11

Hard to say what is going on. Sounds like she definitely could have gotten into something, maybe outside, that didn't agree with her. Glad you are taking her to the vet, so she won't get dehydrated. Good Luck! Sending love and prayers!

Like Dee said, could be a lot of things. Hopefully the vet will get her in so she doesn't dehydrate from throwing up so much.Please let us know what he says

Feel better pretty girl!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry to hear that Lola has been diagnosed with pancreatitis, Lene'. :cry1

I'm sending lots of good thoughts for her and I hope she can come home soon. :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest argolola

I just got home, after having to leave my girl. She is severely dehydrated, running a fever and elevated amelaise (?) due to pancreatitis. She is hooked up to IV and had to be carried to the back on a stretcher. I beside myself. Will she be ok? I am requesting prayer and good thoughts. Thank you so much.

Oh no Lene!! She'll pull through this. Years ago Bud had the worst case the vets here had ever seen and he came through it and he was quite a bit older than Lola, so please try to relax a bit.

Good that you got her right it when it started

We will keep a candle lit :candle

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Poor Lola. Sending prayers and healing thoughts her way!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm praying for her now. Blumommy just went through this with her boy and he made a miraculous recovery from pancreatitis. I'm hoping the same for your girl.

Guest BluMommy

Prayers coming from here to! She can over come this!!! Blu was in dire condition when he was brought in (very near death) and he rallied quickly and he's not even been home for a week and is his bouncy self!

PLEASE Keep me posted. I know it's scary, but she you got her to the vet and she is in the best place possible!!

:goodluck

C'mon Lola!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Lene', I'm so sorry Lola is feeling poorly. Pancreatitis can be very serious, but she's getting care and fluids which is really important. She should pull through just fine.

We'll be thinking of all of you!

chris ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly