Introducing Bully! Videos Post 22

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

bully2.jpg

You might remember Bully from this thread I have had my eye on him for a while now....

After Outlaw died (September 3rd) I asked him if he could let me know... send me a sign when it was ok for me to adopt again, I loved him dearly and knew I would always adopt more greys but my heart was broken. I had a lot of guilt when I would think of adopting another. The day after he died I wrote Outlaws remembrance page on my website. I added this poem by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leafs a flower,

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf

So eden sank to grief

So dawn goes down to day

Nothing Gold Can Stay

The first time I read this poem was in a book that I loved when I was younger called "The Outsiders" I memorized it and it has stayed with me for years. The character in the book, named "Pony Boy", recites this poem in his darkest hour, contemplating the fact that all good things must come to an end. It seemed very fitting for Outlaw who made such an impact on our hearts and lives in the short time he was with us. When I first saw Bully on GT I was surprised to see that his registered name was "Pony Boy" I took it as a sign. Over two months later and after a few times where I thought that Bully was unattainable, fate has turned in our direction and allowed us to adopt this sweet boy.

I have struggled with the guilt of adopting another quite a bit, even as I brought Bully home from the kennel I was crying, feeling that somehow I was betraying Outlaw... replacing him.... I kept Bully over the holiday waiting to see how he fit and that he worked with all the other dogs and my daughter. This morning I knew, today was THE day, I was keeping him. All I had to do was call Susie to let her know. But the guilt was still there. I asked Outlaw, was this what he wanted? is this the right thing? Or has my grieving mind conjured this elaborate coincidence? I checked my mailbox later and found the answer in a small envelope....

"Memories are like stars in the dark night of sorrow.

May time soften the pain until all that remains is the beauty of the memories.... and the love, always the love....

A donation has been made in memory of Outlaw to Hope for Hounds By Sharon H." (Brandimom)

I cried.... the beautiful card is next to his ashes along with the small pin enclosed with it. Thankyou so much Sharon, you have done so much for me during this hard time, I do not know how to thank you enough. Almost three months ago my beautiful boy left me, and Sharon's note arrives on the exact day and time that I needed it the most. Outlaw was truly listening and is smiling down on us, happy to see the plan falling into place. And Bully must know, he leans his head on me just like Outlaw used to.

So welcome Bully, sent by an angel.....

DSCN11932.jpg

DSCN12082.jpg

He loves everyone and everything and is such a happy boy. He seems to think all the toys belong in his crate for his enjoyment alone :) We love him so much.

DSCN11942.jpg

Thankyou Outlaw, I miss you and love you so much :beatheart

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

:confetti I am so glad you got to announce this! I've been so happy for you. I have a crush on this handsome boy but you know that. :wub: Holly, I am sure Outlaw is looking down from the bridge so happy that you have opened your heart to another beautiful brindle baby. How awesome how fate works. :grouphug

:confetti Holly, I have always said when they leave us, they nudge that door open just alittle so another can come in. I will always believe that had I not lost Sadie, I would have never met Snowy and the others. She opened the door to greyhound adoption. The door is never closed when it comes to these guys. :confetti

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Congratulations Holly!!

Bully couldn't have gone into a better home. I hope he can help heal your broken heart and you can take comfort in the fact that Outlaw would want you to open your home to another greyhound in need.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Guest 3greysinPA

oh Holly,

I'm sure that Outlaw would want you to adopt another hound and bring more love into your home. ... :nod

What a wonderful thing to do for Bully... Congratulations and Welcome Home Bully. :confetti:confetti

and BTW... He is just stunning. :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Guest Flysmom

I am so glad that I have a bad cold and that my face is already blotchy and red... I am sitting on the patio crying after reading your intro.

Bully is beautiful and I am glad that Outlaw sent you the signs.

Congratulations!!!!!

Guest dwolfe711

Holly - I truly believe all things happen for a reason with these greys - when one has to leave us a door is eventually opened up for another when the time is right. For some it is immediate, for others it takes time. Seeing his racing name was "Pony Boy" was your first sign! I'm glad it all worked out for you and for Bully - he is gorgeous and I'm sure he will bring years of joy to your life! And know that Outlaw is smiling down on you and family knowing that he helped you make the perfect choice to open your heart to love again!

Donna

Congratulations!

We just watched your video of Bully with the toys last night and . We are really happy that Bully found his "forebber" home. I kind of figured that he might have found his home from that posting - he looked like he belonged there.

Bully - congratulations. Tell mom that you need a few more toys! :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

WOW How'd I miss THIS!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY...............WELCOME HOME BULLY....[100% certain it's with Outlaws approval]

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest TheUnrulyHound

th_DSCN1265.jpg

Bully got some "Happy Day After I Gotcha Day" cake, we all celebrated together for Smileys birthday which is today :) He has a birthday thread in C&F ;) (yes everyone got a piece)

Bully is getting very comfortable, he has picked a favorite bed and has finally decided that he might have sniffed everything in the house and is giving his nose a rest :rolleyes:

th_DSCN1205.jpg

here is where we first brought him home and he was meeting Andy the donkey for the first time :rotfl

Welcome Home Gorgeous!!!!!!!! :confetti :confetti :confetti Holly, Oulaw was sure to let his mommy know he did not want you to be sad but to show you he loves you from the Bridge..... I wish you all lots of Happiness!!!! :grouphug :grouphug

After Champ Passed I felt so Guilty I had just got Sophie and I thought now my boy was is gone.... How could I ever love her the same but she has brought me so much happiness and she has a lot of traits Champ had....Or is it because I know she was soo close to Champ and she has never been the same with her other brothers and sisters... I truly believe they do send us a sign....

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Congrats! He is beautiful and quite unique looking.

I remember when I first saw Elsie online. It was much too early to adopt another brood mom after Pollli left us and we were still quite a mess.

But I had this thought that just stayed with me.. would I allow MY pain and suffering to make another dog wait because I wasn't ready? What if I wasn't ready for a year! Would I make a dog who would otherwise be welcome wait?

No, of course not! That would be selfish of me. And I felt better knowing that by taking Elsie, her life would be endlessly better and she of course made the hole in my heart much smaller.

I can speak of Polli with a smile and tears at the same time. There will never be anyone remotely close to our beloved Polli.

I an thrilled that Bully is home with you with Outlaws approval!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project