One Of Our Puppies Died And The Others Are Ill

Guest Galgos_Spain

Guest Galgos_Spain

REYA, the little grey-brindle galgopuppy died yesterday of Parvovirus. THe poor little soul vomited and pooped all day and got more and more dehydrated until the vet decided to relieve her from the suffering.

The other 4 pups are also in the animal hospital and we fear for their lifes. All this could probably have been avoided if the people that had found the pups and their mom would have vaccinated them right away. The shelter did not respect the time after the first vaccination and moved the dogs to us only 4 days after the first Parvo-Injection. Just 1 week more would most probably have saved them and it is so painfull to see them weakening in hours.

POOR LITTLE REYA HAD A FAMILY WAITING AND A 4 YO CHILD IS AS SAD AS WE ARE!

flip-reya-mf.jpg

That's so sad. It is dreadful when there's just nothing more you can do. I hope the family with the 4 year old finds it in their heart to love another puppy, to honor sweet Reya's memory. Fingers crossed that Reya's brothers and sisters make it through their illness.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm very sorry. It's very sad to see an animal of any age die. It's especially tragic when it is a puppy dying of a preventable illness and a disappointed child is involved. The other puppies are in my thoughts.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest FullMetalFrank

So very sorry; I hope the 4-year old child will be able to choose another pup, and that all the other pups will be OK.

I'm really sorry to hear that news :( I hope the other puppies get better soon.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:weep:crying:f_white:bighug:angelwings:grouphug

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest Galgos_Spain

Dear friends of our puppies,

the little TD are stable and if we are lucky and they survive the next 48hours, they will make it!

CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND PRAY FOR THEM

Thanks

Guest ClaudiaRucker

Parvo is such a horrible thing. So sorry for the pup and you.

I only hope that the other pups will be ok,

Sending you and the pups white light.

that's so sad :( Prayers for the other little ones.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Oh Mo...I am so sorry. Godspeed sweet Reya and protect the babes fighting so hard. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KaseysMom

I am so sorry. I made that first picture of the Mom and pups in the tin box my computer wallpaper at work. Prayers for the others.

Guest Greytmate

That is so very sad. Sending big hugs and cuddles to the families that were waiting for a beautiful puppy and to all the people that new Reya. f_yellowf_yellow