Lily Could Use Some Prayers Please

My brown stinky stripey dog Lily has an ear infection, diagnosed last week. She's doing ok, letting us put ear drops in.

Tuesday morning when I got home from work I got pups ready for their morning, Lily yelped as I put her collar on, not good, I didn't touch her ear at all. Once getting home I let them rest a bit and began to get their breakfast ready. Well, Lily never got off the dog bed. That's a first in 7 years! I was watching her and you know how you can tell something is off just by looking at them? Well I knew that was the case. I had called the vet prior to our walk to get her in, well after getting back from the walk I called the vet back and asked for the earliest possible appointment, thankfully we got in at 9:20am.

Vet examined her ear, which looked better, and did a cleaning on it just in case that was the problem. She then examined her face/neck, well low and behold when she touched her left jaw Lily just about went crazy with yelping. I have no idea why her jaw would be so painful. Vet said it could be TMJ, (had no idea dogs could get that). She prescribed pain meds. We'll see how she is at the end of the week, if she is still having pain she will get xrays to make sure everything is ok.

Ok enough of my rambling, I'm asking that GT work their magic and get the prayer chain going for my girl. She does seem a bit better, but I will be keeping close watch on her.

Thanks!

Praying for all the missing greys!

Your poor baby girl. :( Maybe she's got a bad tooth? Sending lots of prayers and light. :getwell

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

I will pray for her too.

Rudy had a bad ear infection, but drops weren't enough. He had to be put on an antibiotic to clear it up. He was also screaming in pain.

Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

The ear & the jaw are very close - could it be she has an infection really deep in the ear & the pain is radiating down her jaw? Was the ear infection on the same side as the jaw pain?

I hope she feels better soon.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

More good wishes from the not-yet-frozen north.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)