New And Hopeful...

Teensy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TBSFlame
Hi Tina - PJ clued me into the fact that you are already a rabid greyhound fan.

As promised, I'm here to let you know that Irene has not yet been spoke for. The home visit went well, but Irene was the first dog that the couple visited, so they will see other dogs in the coming weeks to see who best fits with their 13-year-old greyhound.

In the meantime, I've unlocked Irene's Picasa album - http://picasaweb.google.com/attilagrey/Irene#. You can how skinny she was when she first came to us. Now she is fit and happy. She calmed down a lot quicker during the home visit yesterday. It could be that she's getting used to visits from strangers and/or that the visiting couple had a quiet energy. Probably both. Good luck!

What a cutie.

Guest PhillyPups

I think I may be getting as excited about Irene as you all are. This is a fun thread to read and reminds me of getting my first. Betcha can't have just one.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long before chipping here? I put my money on 2 months. :rofl

I was just saying to my husband, we need some news from GW, because my once popular thread is sinking! People are counting on me! :D

Well, here's your update, folks. I have received word that they started calling our references last night, so after that it's really just the home visit. They could still tell us that we're not a good match for this dog, after all, too, so we have to be prepared for that, but at least we will know for sure that there is a big fuzzy lumpkin in our future.

Edited by Teensy
3964308598_c55bc0aa88_o.jpg

LOL. You crack me up. And I love Irene's song. I'll sing it for her this afternoon.

Well, at least some of the credit belongs to Paul Simon. ;)

I need the humor right now. Otherwise, I will eat my way through the entire Ciao Bella product line. On the other hand, who am I kidding? I'll probably do that anyway.

Guest Lovemyhound

Just thought I'd chime in here.... Welcome! I too am a recent adopter from GW. Great group, great people, so glad I found them too.

One word of advice - please meet as many of the pups that GW recommends for you. I know it is so hard to wait, but oh so worth it in the end. I understand there are some hauls coming in very soon and you'll have a whole group of new pups to meet!

PJ - Love the pic of Zuni and Cross - that is Cross right?

Teensy, best of luck with your adoption process - we'll all be waiting to hear which wonderful pup comes into your heart and home!

Jon would be thrilled with stickers, let alone talking to someone who makes his favorite OS.

I agree with the post above - see and meet as many hounds as you can. Remember, we're happy if ANY greyhound finds a forever home!

One word of advice - please meet as many of the pups that GW recommends for you. I know it is so hard to wait, but oh so worth it in the end. I understand there are some hauls coming in very soon and you'll have a whole group of new pups to meet!

Yes, I heard that too. Very exciting. We're more open-minded, now, than when we started this process, I think, by virtue of the process itself. I have to say, I'm a bit afraid of having options, though. I just tried to buy a vacuum cleaner a couple of days ago, and got so overwhelmed I ended up with a broom.

Jon would be thrilled with stickers, let alone talking to someone who makes his favorite OS.

I agree with the post above - see and meet as many hounds as you can. Remember, we're happy if ANY greyhound finds a forever home!

He's not actually on the team that works on the OS, but he knows a lot about it, obviously, because he uses it, and everybody has to alpha test it. Alas, there's always a lot of cursing that day. I actually met a bunch of his teammates in London in June. All very nice, interesting people. We're happy when any of them finds a forever home. ;)

Guest BluMommy

Yes, I heard that too. Very exciting. We're more open-minded, now, than when we started this process, I think, by virtue of the process itself. I have to say, I'm a bit afraid of having options, though. I just tried to buy a vacuum cleaner a couple of days ago, and got so overwhelmed I ended up with a broom.

LOL then once you get your hound you keep looking on the rescue site going... I want that one, and that one and ohhh that one LOL

We had a visit today from Irene and the folks from Greyhound Welfare. It went very well, I believe. Now we wait for the final word and their recommendations. It was actually a fun visit, and we got to see some of what we would be in for with this dog. She is an attention whore, for sure, and roaching nearly right out of the box. It's definitely going to take some discipline on my part to keep from indulging her. I think she already has me pegged for the sucker. :)

Guest BluMommy
:wub: Every greyhound deserves their own personal sucker, its in the fine print in the contract :yay

Hey no one said I HAD to read the fine print! :mum

:yay Gald everything went well!!!