New And Hopeful...

Teensy

Congratulations!! :banana

Do you know when GW is expecting their new hauls? Thought they had new pups arriving any day. :dunno

We brought in 4 pups from Daytona on Saturday, got two more dogs coming in from West Virginia this coming weekend. I think the woman who updates our site has been tied up (probably with her new pup :) ), but we should have the new dogs up soon.

We're running very low. Which is good for dogs, not so good for our adopters :lol

Four gorgeous hounds arrived from Daytona this past Saturday. They will be on hold for a week so we can get a good sense of their personalities, of course. :)

Ah, Peej beat me to it :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lovemyhound
We brought in 4 pups from Daytona on Saturday, got two more dogs coming in from West Virginia this coming weekend. I think the woman who updates our site has been tied up (probably with her new pup ), but we should have the new dogs up soon.

@ Turbo - on a side note, let me know if there is anything I can do for the new pups/ or GW in general - I attempted to submit a volunteer app the other day but was having some computer problems. Will try again later today. Any jobs in particular GW needs some assistance?? I'm open. :)

Well, we are very enthusiastic about the dogs, and spazzy internet nerds as well, so it was kind of a no-brainer to join GT, at least for me. Eric doesn't like forums, so I'm the GT social liaison for our house.

you sound just like us, lol. i'm the one on the forum, the spouse just gets information from me. got our new love a week ago Saturday and life is greyt. :)

We brought in 4 pups from Daytona on Saturday, got two more dogs coming in from West Virginia this coming weekend. I think the woman who updates our site has been tied up (probably with her new pup ), but we should have the new dogs up soon.

@ Turbo - on a side note, let me know if there is anything I can do for the new pups/ or GW in general - I attempted to submit a volunteer app the other day but was having some computer problems. Will try again later today. Any jobs in particular GW needs some assistance?? I'm open. :)

Shoot me an email (md @ greyhoundwelfare.org. :) )

[/hijack] :P

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest PhillyPups
We are approved!!!

And we wait a little more :P

At least now we can shop in earnest.

:confetti:yay:confetti:yay:confetti:yay

I love the Daytona Dawgs ~ that is where I started. This is the first in all my greyhound years that I don't have a Daytona Dawg sharing my home. I brought Stepper with me from Daytona.

:confetti:yay:confetti:yay:confetti:yay

I am excited ~ now go SHOP till you DROP :)

We've pretty much seen our options. We've been in love with Irene from the start. We're planning to bring her home tomorrow.

Today I went and got all the stuff, and in case anyone thinks it's impossible, yes I did make it home with a 35 pound bag of dog food on the back of my bicycle, and a backpack full of other stuff, and a comforter from Value Village hanging off the handle bars, and at some point I even had a short conversation on my mobile phone. It wasn't even difficult. I swear.

3964308598_c55bc0aa88_o.jpg

We've pretty much seen our options. We've been in love with Irene from the start. We're planning to bring her home tomorrow.

Today I went and got all the stuff, and in case anyone thinks it's impossible, yes I did make it home with a 35 pound bag of dog food on the back of my bicycle, and a backpack full of other stuff, and a comforter from Value Village hanging off the handle bars, and at some point I even had a short conversation on my mobile phone. It wasn't even difficult. I swear.

YAY!!!!!

I can't wait for photos of your new girl!!!

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Guest agroshong

:rules There will definitely need to be more photos of this beautiful gal. Here's an older one I have from a M&G a few months ago. Congrats! :confetti

irene.jpg

Edited by agroshong

Hey, thanks, for the picture of Irene.

I'm guessing the pictures of me on the bicycle with all that stuff will be coming to a twitpic near you (I saw some people trying to look inconspicuous with their camera phones), but really, I'm not some amazing athlete or something. It's just much easier than it sounds. I knew the moment that I laid the bag across the rack that it was going to be totally fine. It pretty much balances itself. In the Netherlands it frequently happens that you have two people who are going somewhere together and only one bicycle, and you just ride with one person on the back, and trust me it's better to be the one pedaling than sitting, because it takes a lot of unique muscle action to keep from falling off, whereas pedaling is just the same muscles, same action, only a bit harder.

I wonder if I'll sleep at all tonight...

3964308598_c55bc0aa88_o.jpg

I've been quietly following this thread, and can't stand any more to not barge in and say how happy I am for you that this has all worked out so well so far! :yay Welcome to GT, GW, and the whole GH craze. And perhaps most importantly, welcome home, Irene! :kiss2

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest Harry702

Sometimes things are just meant to be. The same thing happened with us and Harry. We feel in love with him a good two months before we could bring him home, and tried not to get attached as we figured he'd get snatched up well before then. Imagine how happy we were when he was still available when we were able to bring him home. Everything works out the way it should.

I wish you the best with Irene. She sounds like a character!