Pearl's Heart

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far, Pearl has handled the 1/2 dose of Pemobendan. Her poo was a little soft over the weekend, and she still doesn't seem to like walks anymore. But she's still playing and eating.

Tonight I try the full dose.

Keep your fingers crossed that she can handle it.

PS.......Ellen!!!! Welcome back. I've missed you!!!

I hope things continue to go well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Well I was getting pretty optimistic.......2 days ago she ate all of her breakfast and all of her dinner. So I felt that the pimobentan was not upsetting her digestive system.

This morning, she ate nothing. Not even the liver that she ALWAYS looked forward to. I had to shove 10 pills down her throat this morning. :(

Oh no.

Please eat, Pearl sweetie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Greyglo
Well I was getting pretty optimistic.......2 days ago she ate all of her breakfast and all of her dinner. So I felt that the pimobentan was not upsetting her digestive system.

This morning, she ate nothing. Not even the liver that she ALWAYS looked forward to. I had to shove 10 pills down her throat this morning. :(

Came back for an update. I hope the way Pearl felt this morning was temporary and that she'll be back to her liver lovin' self shortly. Thoughts are with you both -

Guest Energy11

Hope you can get that girlie to eat. Whatever she wants, I'd give her. Maybe baby food? Glad the meds do seem to be working, though. Love and prayers from here.

Guest Energy11

Curfew takes four different pills, and I put them in cheese, like Velveeta. He gobbles them down, but he is a huge chow hound, and one of the meds, Phenobarbitol, makes them very very hungry.

Maybe try hiding them in one of her favorite foods? There is something called pill pockets out there. My vet sells them, and you can get them online. When I worked at the vets in Florida, dogs seemed to like them for taking their pills. Might be worth a try.

Love, hugs and good luck from us here!

I had been hiding them in liver. She worshipped liver until this morning.

She won't touch a pill pocket. She snubbed liverwurst, roast chicken, PB, cheese.

Her appetite had decreased when we started introducing all sorts of blood pressure medicine. I'd be lucky if she ate half her meals. Luckily she ate enough junk food to keep her weight up.

Sigh.

At least I'm off tomorrow and can watch her all day. (I have a dog door, so don't know what her poops are like).

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Praying for the best!

Cougar was always a chow hound and I could just slip a pill into his kibble and he'd never know he took it. Since his surgery, he will enjoy something until we have tried to slip a pill into it, marshallows, Trix yogart, turkey... A treat he particularly likes we've discovered in the last couple of days is Cool Whip. I've decided just to continue shoving the 4 to 6 pills at a time down his throat, because I'm worried it will cause him to turn up his nose. He likes it frozen or from the fridge. Hope you find something special that is acceptable to Miss Pearl soon.

Potted meat is also pretty popular here.