Could I Get Some Good Thoughts For My Boy?

Janet, I'm curious to know how your vet diagnosed the bacterial infection. Was there some sort of blood test or smear she could do?

Bless Jake's heart and yours too. It is so worrisome to see clearly that something is going on but not to be able to figure out what it is.

--Lucy

What looks to be bruising is actually inflamation. That, plus the fever, swelling and pain are classic signs. Now that his foot is HUGE, he is bearing weight on it. :dunno

She said often they can't find an entry source for the bacteria, but it can be as small and simple as a crack between the toe and a nail.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deer Mommy,

You want to no whut I did to myselves? I hurted myselves.

Lub & licks,

Jake

Janet, I hope he gets all better soon, and stops giving you gray hairs.

:bighug

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Deer Mommy,

Lub & licks,

Jake

Auntie Mary, you are no help. :P

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I have just gone through something similar with Rickie - very fast onset of infection in the foot with no sign of entry point. Within 15h we went from nothing to huge foot, non-weight-bearing, swelling heading up the leg, and blood oozing from toes. Hope the antibiotics work for Jake.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so glad that Jake is feeling better and I hope he recovers fully and quickly. I know this may be from left field, but we had a dachshund that had similar episodes and it was thought to have been an autoimmune disorder. Just a thought.

I'm so glad that Jake is feeling better and I hope he recovers fully and quickly. I know this may be from left field, but we had a dachshund that had similar episodes and it was thought to have been an autoimmune disorder. Just a thought.

That's what I was expecting to here when we did the joint tap. No sign of autoimmune disease or anything else.

I have just gone through something similar with Rickie - very fast onset of infection in the foot with no sign of entry point. Within 15h we went from nothing to huge foot, non-weight-bearing, swelling heading up the leg, and blood oozing from toes. Hope the antibiotics work for Jake.

I thought of that Mary, one of the reasons I decided to go in rather than wait a day.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Deer Mommy,

Lub & licks,

Jake

Auntie Mary, you are no help. :P

I really do understand, though - Miss Zoe does it to me all the time. Sometimes with her tummy, sometimes with her leg/feet

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

How is Jake doing?

Jake met me at the door when I came home from work today. :colgate He's also putting his foot flat and bearing weight, so the Metacam is working. He hasn't eaten much, and threw up some bile at some point today. I'm going to cook up some noodles and he can have that with some fish. Looks like he might need something for his stomache, so I'll get that later when I go out. In the past he has tolerated Clavamox without problems, but things change right?

Looks like he's heading in the right direction though, thanks for asking.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Sending well wishes for Jake........hoping he's doing better by now and you have a definitive answer what it is.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose