I'm Home!

Guest cgl0909

Guest cgl0909

My name is Eleanor and I have just finished my first day in my forever home with my new parents Crystal and Andrew. I have settled in quickly with my new brother Elton and the family with no real problems so far. It wasn’t any time at all last night till I found my bed, plopped down, and took a nap. My parents tried to make me sleep in my new room in my crate last night, but I cried until they put my bed beside theirs and let me sleep there… after which I slept perfectly. :)

Daddy got up for work early this morning and took me out for a walk then he brought me back in and took my brother out. Meanwhile I ran into momma’s room and jumped on the bed to wake her up. Momma took off work today so that I wouldn’t be home alone during my first big day here so I wanted to make sure she was up bright and early.

I have never met another dog like my brother… he is a crazy border collie and although I haven’t seen him do drugs, I’m pretty sure he is on crack :colgate . I’m not sure when that dog sleeps…. I can’t wait till tomorrow when me and him get to go to a fenced in place to run and play together. I wish my parents would hurry up and get their fence built in their back yard, but they say that’s going to take a couple weeks.

-Eleanor

Btw, here are some pics they took of me:

6615_522770562173_73201054_31029239.jpg

100_4177.jpg

Hi Eleanor! I'm so glad I got to help bring you to your forever home last night! :yay It was a very nice home visit...you have a greyt new home! :yay Your new room is very nice! We will see you soon at events! :)

Shannon

p.s. I need your momma's e-mail address so I can send her that e-mail address and those links we talked about. :)

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Congratulations on your new home Eleanor!

It sounds like you made the right choice. And no, BC's don't sleep. :lol

I see you have some barely brindle areas--a lot like my Betsy.

I hope you'll keep us posted on your adventures. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

We had a 13 border collie when Foxy came home. She pretty much thought he was an alien. They became the best of friends and helived to be 18 a good part, I'm convinced, due to his new sister.

Eleanor, I bet he'll be crazy enough to think he can beat you. When that doesn't work he'll try to herd you. Poor Angus used to race Foxy for the mail every day. He never figured out it was a loosing proposition.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest cgl0909

Shannon... if you check your facebook we sent you a PM on there with our email address. We couldn't find it and did not have enough posts on here to PM you so we resorted to facebook to find you.

Shannon... if you check your facebook we sent you a PM on there with our email address. We couldn't find it and did not have enough posts on here to PM you so we resorted to facebook to find you.

Facebook is just fine. ;) I'm so happy that Eleanor is so happy with her new home! :yay

:confetti Congratulations on your beautiful new girl!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Well, not only are you a beauty, you are smart too...congrats on the new home. Love the pics and story. Welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome Eleanor! :confetti You're very pretty & have a lovely name. :)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Welcome to GT, beautiful Eleanor!! And congrats on making it to your forever home!!

:confetti:yay:confetti:yay

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France