Bl's Last Flight.

Guest BLIsStillFlying

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm so sorry. Don't feel guilty. I can tell you from personal experience there isn't much, if any, quality time after it has reached the lungs.

I'm so sorry that it had spread to that extent. Cancer is sneaky and vicious and seems to catch us when we're not looking. The loss of your sweet pup is another loss for us all. Our condolences to you and your family....

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

It's fortunate that the vets wanted to investigate thoroughly, and that you agreed. Repairing the leg would have resulted in more pain for him and even more heartbreak for you. You already knew that he would not do well as a tripod. You did the right thing. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So very sorry to hear of Bradley's passing.......

You made the 'right' decision for him and followed your heart even though it was breaking.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest sheila
I wish I didn't feel so guilty...and I wish it hadn't happened at all.

I know just what you mean. I've had to make this decision 3x in the last 5 yrs and it sucks. Knowing that it was the right decision doesn't help one feel better.

Guest Ashley

I'm really sorry to hear about this, but you did the right thing. He is waiting for you, and he knows how much you love him. Hugs!!

I'm sorry for your loss, and I know how wrenching the decision is. :brokenheart

If it was already in his lungs, he wouldn't have had 6 months no matter what you did. It was the right decision to set him free from the pain. I wish you peace.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest OsirisTheGreyt

My prayers go out to you. It was the hard but right choice to make. Too often people will make the selfish choice of keeping their beloved pet alive when they have no quality of life and only pain because they can not make the tough decision you had to make.

I'm so sorry. Please don't feel guilty. You sheltered him from having to spend his final days in pain :grouphug I'm sure Loca met him at the bridge with a cold martini and nachos :cheers

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest BLIsStillFlying

Thank you all for such kind words--it's been an extremely difficult week but it's most comforting to read these messages of people who've been through the same thing. I know in my heart it was the right decision, but the second after the doctor said 'he's gone' my only thought was 'he didn't have to be'.

The worst part is we were all avid walkers and our whole complex knows us as 'the greyhound family'. Everyday people I don't even know ask what happened to my other greyhound. I wonder how they think that question could have a positive answer? Sigh.

I plan to write in the memorial section soon...I just have to find the words to capture my little pooh bear.

(funny thing--I'm an atheist and I find myself holding every single door open a few seconds longer with my foot just in case...if any creature on this planet could prove me wrong and create spirituality just to show me as the fool, it would be that dog...and I know he'd still be alongside and mouthing my hand)