Healing Light For Bumper

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so very much for the support! I truly appreciate it :wub:

UPDATE

Bumper's spinal fluid came back with high concentrations of lymphocytes, narrowing the diagnosis to most likely be autoimmune, but we're having the fluid sent to Colorado for a test against Lymphoma anyway. That would just not be good but the neurologist feels with Bumper's age at 4.5, it is likely more of an autoimmune issue. Could potentially be viral.

I am told Bumper is able to stand, is on day 2 of steroids, but is still in a lot of pain. As the costs mount daily, I will likely get him tonight and care for him at home. I am sure he'll be happier this way as well and I already know the difficulty will be keeping him quiet. I'll X-pen him around his bed!

Thanks again GTers, please keep sending the healing light for the swelling to subside and Bump to be comfortable and cozy at home.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Come on, Bumper, please get better for your people!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Annie

Oh no, I'm so sorry Bumper is still having difficulty! :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug It is terribly difficult to see our pups in pain!!!

I'm sending up prayers for a clear and easily treatable diagnosis! :hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle

Please keep us posted on his progress...

I appreciate the continued concern for our boy! Unfortunately he won't be coming home tonight as he still cannot walk on his own and needs 2 people to take him out with the sling. My DW is out of the country and Bump is still having loose stool problems. And today, he is refusing even cooked chicken from the supermarket, SOOOOOOO, I am heading to the vet tonight, will not see him as I don't want to give him the wrong message and get him excited for nothing, BUT I'll bring him some of his own food, which is a commercially prepared raw food that he hoovers up like there is no tomorrow. The bone in it should also help firm up his stools. I did ask the vet tech about bringing raw and she said it was fine.

continued white light for Bumper! by chance, have you done a complete tick borne disease panel?

Yes, Bump was tested 6 months ago and was positive for Babesia. We treated with 2 shots of Imidocarb.

Hopefully he improves with his own food and the swelling subsides some such that he's able to come home tomorrow.

Thank you all again, so much, for your thoughts and prayers.

Derek

Guest Annie

I am sorry your boy won't be coming home tonight. :grouphug

Canyon wouldn't touch the "hospital" food either. I brought him some of his own and fed it to him by hand... I think he felt safer then, and ate it all.

I'll be keeping Bumper in my prayers! :hope:hope:hope

UPDATE

Well, I said I wouldn't go see him while at the vet as I didn't want to get him excited, but it sounded like he needed a boost, so I did. The good news is that Bump hoovered his raw food immediately! The bad news is that he really did not look like himself at all. It was all he good do to keep his head up. No tail wag, no paw. He does have a Fentnyl patch on as well as Gabapentin, so i think he is a bit 'out of it', but I can't say I walked away thinking he is doing really well. He was curled up in the bed and not moving, or as the vet would describe 'resting comfortably'. So frustrating and I feel SO bad for him. He is receiving fantastic care so I at least don't have to worry about that. Nevertheless, he still needs a lot of help to guide him through this.

Thank you GTers!

Derek

Guest paulamariez

Sending loads of healing prayers, love and light to your precious Bumper. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending him some healing doggie kisses as well.

All drugged up, poor beastie. Continued prayers that he improves and can come home with you soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers and healing thoughts for Bumper.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson