Lucky

Guest paulownedbyfour

Guest paulownedbyfour

Words can not describe the empty place in my soul as I write this. Lucky spent 8 seziure free months with us over the past 1 1/2 years. Through him I have learned a special love that only a seziure dog has shown . The love, companionship, education and experience of sharing a life with a seziure dog will not be forgotten. Niether will the moments and times spent with Lucky. He came into our lives weak and confused and left us in peace. I would like to thank the GT family for bringing this special boy into our lives.

Some of you may remember this poem the day we decided to make Lucky part of our pack. It felt fitting to end his time on earth with this special poem for a special boy;

threestoges.jpg

Lucky in the middle with Trace and Shane.

GODS SPEED LUCKY

I Love You.

Your Pack

Paul, Anthony

Trace, Shane, Nite, Jasmine, Ruka

IN SEARCH OF MY FOREVER HOME

I cried and I whimpered confused and dismayed.

Leaving my mom and my litter mates and into a cage.

I`ran 40 races why calling JCKC home.

When it was over I left with a`promise of a true place to call my own.

Your off to a forever home so I was told.

With new people to feel loved and others to hold.

Once I was there alone in a cage.

As the hours crept I began to feel dazed.

I was told of a trip that we would take.

I thought oh happy day.

I was dumped where homeless`dogs stay.

As I search their eyes for answers, they just turned and walked away.

I had been good even though afraid.

Wondered what did I do wrong.

A greyhound needs lots of love, and to feel they really belong.

Four whole years I bounced around.

Just a confused helpless hound.

I began to think a greyt life was not meant for me.

Everyday I woke up scared and lone.

Always wondering in hopes for my forever home.

Just as I thought I was there to stay only to find out I'd been thrown away.

From the rainbow two people were sent to me.

Through the warmth of their touch I knew I was safe.

They took me to their home where fur kids roam.

They took me in as a foster boy in search of my forever home.

I made a birthday wish in hopes it would come true.

Today I woke with gleam and cheer.

As my foster family looked at me.

That is when I knew I would stay.

They say I'm called a rescue boy.

But to me I'm just lovable Lucky.

Run seziure free my sweet angel til we meet at the rainbow bridge.

Edited by paulownedbyfour

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My deepest sympathy. You gave Lucky what all greys need, to be loved, beautiful poem, run free Lucky.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

OMG, Paul, I can't begin to even tell you how sorry I am. I know how very much you and Anthony loved Lucky, and there is no doubt that he knew as well.

Lucky, God speed my friend, run with all the Angels seizure free. And please, continue to watch over all those who love you.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

oh Paul, i am so sorry.

Run Free sweet Lucky. You sure were "lucky".

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest imagreyhoundmom

Paul & Anthony,

Ray and I and your whole family at PGC are so saddened for your loss. You, Paul and Lucky were blessed to have each other.

Sheryl

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though your time together was short, I'm sure that Lucky knew how much he was loved by you and your family. Godspeed to the Bridge, Lucky.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Lucky.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest paulownedbyfour

Sheryl and Ray,

Thanks for being there at the end you guys are the best !!!!!!!!! Your kindness and generosity has touched Anthony and I deeply. Cares Emergency Animal Hospital was just amazing their bedside maner made it just a little bit easier to swallow.

Guest Heehoo

Paul, I am so sorry to hear about Lucky. Know that he was met by so many others who went before him. Having lost a seizure pup on Friday, I know your pain so much. There's something special about these guys. They depend so much on us, love us so much unconditionally.

Find comfort in knowing you showed Lucky just a little peak of what heaven is all about. :beatheart

I'm so sorry. Another baby gone too soon.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson