Bailey Is Sick

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jan, checking in to see how Bailey is doing :hope

She didn't throw up today...vet thought the blood was just broken blood vessels from wretching so hard. But she still hasn't much of an appetite. DH creamed her kibble up with a bit of canned food in the blender and she ate about 1/2. I bought some tripe but we'll wait until necessary before bringing out the stinky high value food.

I wish I knew why she didn't want to eat. :dunno She usually eats anything. She seems a bit more perkier so maybe flagyl is helping.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Sure sounds like her tummy is bothering her and well if you think about it, when you feel bad the last thing you want to do is eat.

:goodluck that she continues to improve and feels better.

I know when any of my hounds are "off" I feel "off" with them.

Hang in there and please keep us updated on how things are going.

Lots and lots of :hope headed your way

Add my good wishes for Bailey to feel better. If her stomach is bothering her, could you try a small bowl of chicken broth to sooth it a bit before serving her food? I just use the Lipton Chicken Noodle in a package but its something that has worked well with our dogs when their stomach is upset.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest SoulsMom

As you probably know, Soul has had these types of problems over and over since November. Each time I start him on the flagyl and keep him off his food for a day, only give him a few spoonfuls of the canned I/D when I give him is pills. He usually doesn't want to eat either a few days leading up to and during an episode, but will happily take some of the canned I/D. Have you tired maybe boiled chicken and rice? Very easy on the tummy . . . .

Hope Bailey is feeling better this morning!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Poor Baby, Sending more prayers that Bailey is feeling better today.... :hope:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Just catching up- I've been off for a bit- sending loads of prayers for Bailey.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

so Jan, how's Bailey?

Dave found that if we put her moistened kibble and canned food in the blender and cream it she will eat it. I still have to go over to her and feed her a couple of pieces before she will come out to the kitchen and eat. We're still good with kibble and canned dog food mixture. She hasn't been eating all of it but today she ate the full two cups. This is just so unlike her...5 days now of coaxing her to eat. She's definitely not herself but she's eating and drinking and not throwing up.

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers...it means a lot

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

She was sick again this morning...but she ate most of her mush and she drinks a lot of water and appears to be perkier.

This morning I was laying on the floor with her and she laid her head on my chest under my neck (first time ever!) and we both fell asleep like that :wub:

She was sick again this morning...but she ate most of her mush and she drinks a lot of water and appears to be perkier.

This morning I was laying on the floor with her and she laid her head on my chest under my neck (first time ever!) and we both fell asleep like that :wub:

:wub: Glad to hear that she is doing better this morning. I hope that she continues to improve.

Guest multiplicity

Oh Jan, I am just seeing this now...

I hope Bailey can kick this virus outta her body and go back to being the food hound you know and love really soon!

Hugs to you and Bailey!