Penny Losing Ground - She Has Tomorrow To Rally

Guest Tuxsmom

Guest KennelMom

The only thing I can imagine your vet is referring to is the packed cell volume, mentioned earlier.

I'm sending lots of prayers your way :hope :hope :hope C'mon Penny!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you do the ultrasound?

Is Penny home or at the vets?

It will take time for the PCV (hematocrit) to go back up because her body needs to make more blood cells and that doesn't happen overnight. Was the vet very worried about the value -- did she mention a transfusion?

Guest TurnerMiller01

C'mon Penny!!! Rally thru this... Fight Penny Fight!!!

Many prayers to help Penny Fight this and Many Hugs for you.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:candle:candle

duh. i'm an idiot :D

No, you are not! Things are always clearer to those not under the stress you are. You are doing greyt! :thumbs-up

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Energy11
Can you do the ultrasound?

Is Penny home or at the vets?

It will take time for the PCV (hematocrit) to go back up because her body needs to make more blood cells and that doesn't happen overnight. Was the vet very worried about the value -- did she mention a transfusion?

I was thinking transfusion too!

Penny is tucked in my prayers, and however this turns out, I know one thing, you will do whatever is best for your girl because of how very much you love her.

May St Francis watch over your girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh June, I like you so hoped for a better report today. Come on Penny, fight baby girl. Continuing prayers for Penny.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Tuxsmom

umm...ok...

no, vet did not mention transfusion. She did make it clear that Penny's "packed cell" PCV had not gone down, but had not gone up as much as she hoped. Are transfusions common?

I think my vet was more trying to say that there may be many things going on here at once. And that we can't let her go on in this particular state of being for much longer.

Usually, when I break down at the vets office over one of my animals, she is quick to reassure me that things aren't over yet...that there are more things to try... etc. (And we have beat some odds before.) But this time, she did not. She was very grim. I guess that is what really struck home to me.

Yes, I can do the ultrasound at the referral vet clinic i went to before. As long as its not in the MRI price range, I can handle it. But if it finds something like a tumor, is that even treatable when it is in the digestive tract?

I need to get my thoughts in order for tomorrow. I need a list of questions to ask.

right now, my goal is to get Penny to keep something down. I'm about to try :hope

thanks guys :) keep throwing ideas at me. i'm trying to rally my own attitude so that i can help penny's desire to live

:( You're in my thoughts, and my fingers are tightly crossed. :cry1

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

More good thoughts for Penny. Come on girl, you got to pull through!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greytexplorer

I don't know if Penny can eat ANYTHING, or if you are being very careful about what her intake is.

Our chihuahua, DickCheney, is a super picky eater, which sucks because we mash up his pills and put it in his food.

He is a terrible pill taker!!!!

So, I found out about this ab-fab dog food called Tiki Dog. Comes in 4 flavors. Got it at Pet Supplies Plus.

It's a bit pricey ($4.50 for one large can) but DickCheney LOVES it and gobbles it up along with his meds :confetti

It's "all natural, with added vitamins and minerals), great taste, no by-product, no mystery meat, no artificial colors, no artificial flavors, no preservatives".

When you open the can, it looks and smells like PEOPLE food!!! :chow

Or maybe you could get a can, and mix some in with her kibble/regular food???

Just a thought.

Prayers for you and Penny. :hope

:grouphug

~Pat

Edited by greytexplorer

Guest Tuxsmom

Thanks for the food advice , Pat :)

I'm really trying to keep it as bland as possible because she has to keep it down. If she throws it up, that just inflames her digestive tract and sets her back.

But your food sounds like a wonderful transition once I get her eating again? (see....I said it like she's gonna do it - think positive - think positive)