Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here goes.

Its been a secret for several months.....

When Smiley comes up negative for heart worms.....he's coming home with me!!! :yay

I got the approval yesterday afternoon!!!!

:beatheart

For real...this is not a joke.

:confetti I'm so glad you finally got to tell everyone!! I know we've been so anxious and excited for you for months. :yay I just knew you would get approved! I cried a little when I read the e-mail earlier I was so happy for you. :yay Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I have been waiting for the day that you could announce that he was yours!!! I am so happy for both you and Smiley!!!! :clap:confetti:clap

I can't quit tearing up. I fell in love with him the first time Holly sent me a picture of him. Everytime she would write about him, I just wanted to wrap my arms around him & tell him everything would be okay & he was very much loved! :beatheart

I know Holly is taking excellent care of him & if I have to wait until Christmas or Valentine's day, I will wait! :)

Holly now you can change the title to, Smiley has a home!

That is awesome news!!!!!

I have been waiting for the day that you could announce that he was yours!!! I am so happy for both you and Smiley!!!! :clap:confetti:clap

Holly was this the secret that you posted about on your FB page?

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest TheUnrulyHound

yes! and I thought that it would be longer before it was confirmed but we got the good news quick!!!

Yup...Holly is a news tease! ;):lol

I was about to :confetti EXPLODE!!! :confetti

Me too! The only one I told was Wayne

:lol I told Argos and he was ready to tell everyone! And to Tango! :lol

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest PhillyPups
:confetti I'm so glad you finally got to tell everyone!! I know we've been so anxious and excited for you for months. :yay I just knew you would get approved! I cried a little when I read the e-mail earlier I was so happy for you. :yay

:confetti I am excited for HHHilda, and most of all for Smiley to get such a wonderful home where he will be spoiled rotten, not that his foster home isn't awesome, but I guess Smiley does not want to get highlighting to make him a brindle. :confetti

But did I miss the e-mail?? :dunno;):dunno

Somehow it feels like crashing a private party, or showing up on Halloween to a party in costume and no one else did?? :rotfl

Edited by PhillyPups

Yup...Holly is a news tease! ;):lol

I was about to :confetti EXPLODE!!! :confetti

Me too! The only one I told was Wayne

:lol I told Argos and he was ready to tell everyone! And to Tango! :lol

Tell Argos to save that tango for when he needs to distract Emma. Oh wait....we don't have to do that anymore :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

yes! and I thought that it would be longer before it was confirmed but we got the good news quick!!!

It was funny...I got an email on Monday & was about to burst. So I sent Holly an email since that's where Smiley is. After what....nearly 4 months of keeping a secret, waiting & wondering...this was alittle relief. The disappointment was finding out he was still positive, but now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And for all ya'll who are wondering...his name will remain Smiley & it will be spelled Smiley. No fancy extra letters....no changes. :)

PS I've already added him to my siggie.

I want to thank everyone who did know, for keeping a secret. We didn't want to jinx the adoption process!

Guest TheUnrulyHound
Somehow it feels like crashing a private party, or showing up on Halloween to a party in costume and no one else did?? :rotfl

so what are you dressed up as? :rotfl no private party, just a secret kept safe :)

I told Smiley he has a new momma a few states away and he burped in my face..... guess that means you better cook good Hilda!

Guest PhillyPups

so what are you dressed up as? :rotfl no private party, just a secret kept safe :)

I told Smiley he has a new momma a few states away and he burped in my face..... guess that means you better cook good Hilda!

I am in a birthday suit, was planning on coming with a few close friends as a nudist colony, somehow in the waiting my suit got a few wrinkles. :lol

Ah HHHilda, gotta love those happy belching boys - one of the things I miss after dinner, Stepper and Zeus would belch at me in unison, now it is just Zeus. I always thought of it as an act of love. :wub:

I love burping dogs....and the ones who toot too. BuyCut was a tooter. I'm getting me another black doggie. I have missed my black doggies. I think Smiley is going to help me just as much as I help him. He's given me something to look forward to ever since I saw that first picture of him grinning so hard he squinted.

I told Holly ironically, when I was about 19/20 yrs old...my favorite shirt had a Smiley face on the front of it....and the only sign I ever stole, was this huge happy face/Smiley sign which I took home & my dad re-painted it & used it as a name sign for our lake house. The smiley face has always been my favorite icon.

So it was only right when Smiley came up for adoption, I jumped right on it. I am just overwhelmed that he's going to be here soon. :)

Guest PhillyPups

So HHHilda, you can write him as

:) Smiley :)

Doesn't change the spelling at all!!

:confetti :confetti Welcome to the world of adopted dogs :) Smiley :):confetti :confetti

Edited by PhillyPups

It is finallyy Out!!!! I never told anyone but Mark!!! :lol IT IS GOING TO BE A wonderful Christmas this year... :colgate He has the Best home he could ever have..... Holly you have been the best care taker ever.... :confetti:confetti:confetti

P.S. Hilda AND Holly BIG HUGS.... :grouphug:grouphug

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

O.M.G.

Hilda, you sneaky little minx.

Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.