Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I have no idea Hilda, they don't tell me things like that usually ;) unless I have shown interest in adopting a foster myself :neener but technically he is not available for adoption until he is all well :)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brandi007

Oh man! How did I miss this! He has to be the cutest dog ever! Reminds me so much of my Foxy guy.... :cry1

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Not much to update, he is a really easy foster :D hahaha BUT I know I have been slacking on pictures so I took some this morning :) Not many but I was in the middle of fixing brekkie for the hounds and they don't like it when you get out the flashy box instead of the food scoop :rolleyes:

DSCN0522.jpg

This is how he is while I fix meals, oh so very patient and calm :) While I wade thru a sea of brindle he is always just out of the way watching with interest.

DSCN0518.jpg

ummmmmm Smiley.... you have something in your ear ;)

Still keeping him very calm and hand walking him outside, he is only crated when I leave (which is almost never :rolleyes: ) or at night time. He stays very calm and still all on his own which allows him his freedom without me worrying that he will get all worked up and excited. He is feeling ok though, no effects from the shots making him feel nasty now :) We are just counting days :)

Guest Heehoo

Ohmygoodness. :)

He's going to make somebody a great pet. I wondered the other night if he was in a home because of the way he is. I just can't imagine someone not looking for him. Their loss....someone's gain.

Guest Heehoo

My daytimer is at work, is this upcoming week another treatment week? Bless his heart. :)

Edited by Heehoo

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I don't think so Hilda.... I have not heard from Susie to take him back in, but she knows I only need a day or two notice so it COULD be :dunno I will let you guys know as soon as I do :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheUnrulyHound

Hahahaha!!! you are more on top of it than I am Hilda!!!! Smiley is doing very well, having a heartworm positive foster is rather boring, since he can't really do anything :) but he sure is sweet and very smart. No bellybands for this boy for a long time now, he will even wake us up early in the morning if he needs to go out. It is not a habit that he needs to go out early, but it is good to know he will come get you. He has picked up a toy or two to carry but hasn't really been allowed to play of course. He will sit on a bed and mouth one occasionally though, he is trying to figure out where the squeakers are. He loves it when Jason comes home from work, he has gotten comfortable enough that he comes in the middle of the other hounds and ruuuuuuuuubs his face and head on your leg to show his love :blush He really is a sweetheart!!! Right now everyone is on high alert for Jason to come home actually... he waits his turn to be handed a treat but we are working on "easy" he thinks you will take the treat away at the last second I guess :rolleyes: I hope to get some time away from collars this weekend and hopefully I can get some new pics and maybe a video! :clap

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Pics from today.....

sweet boy looks so comfy doesn't he? :blush

DSCN0630.jpg

but.... ummmmmmm Smiley??? I think you missed the bed......

DSCN0634.jpg

Holly,

I am so happy to hear that he is doing so well.... :colgate What a cutie... Sweetie the bed might be softer... But he sure looks comfy... :lol:wub::wub::wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh there he is. Wow....Gogh had that same scar on his right shoulder...how ironic.

I am so glad he's doing good. He couldn't be in a better place right now. I'll just be glad when the vet says, He's negative....now lets get those jewels put in a safe place & he can go to his forever & ever home. :)